Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: No Longer For Sale...914-6 Oil filler neck, oil hard line, oil console all OEM
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Blueduck
The items are no longer for sale. Look for my ad for an original 914/6 oil tank.

Thanks for the help! Thanks 914World!

** Oil Filler Neck OEM $150.00 901.107.640.40 Includes cap, dipstick, hose and clamps. Minimal corrosion inside which can easily be cleaned out. No longer available new. Add $10 for shipping. (found out its for a 911 only)

** Oil Hard Line OEM $300.00 901.107.820.02 Includes the rubber hose to the oil tank. From oil tank to engine. Good threads for a tight seal. Critical for 914-6 conversions. No longer available new. Add $30 for shipping.

**Oil Console OEM $110.00 901.107.025.00 Mounts oil filter to oil tank. Good threads for a tight seal. Add $10 for shipping.

All three items were taken off my running 914-6 a month ago, and worked great while in the car. All items are used with no warranty. Shipping to the lower 48 states only. Please also look for my ad selling an OEM 914-6 oil tank. Thanks for looking!

Items are no longer for sale (except for the oil tank in another ad). Thanks guys!!!!
Gint
I'll take the lines. Where are ya? I'm in Brighton.
rick 918-S
I want the filler neck. PM sent
gms
FYI
That is a 911 filler neck and NOT a 914/6 filler neck
they are different and 911 does not fit well in 914/6 tank
Blueduck
Thanks for the info GMS. The oil console was mounted to my 914-6 OEM oil tank and seemed to work well. I guess I was unaware that Porsche made a separate one for 914-6 cars. Can you tell from the picture alone, or are you going by the part number I provided? I ask because I looked up the part number from dcauto.com and found that it was the same part number for 914s and 911s. Ebay sellers also list that part number for 914, 912, and 911s. Thoughts?

The filler neck is sold to Rick.

The oil line is sold pending payment to Gint.
stevegm
Darn. You guys are fast. biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(gms @ Oct 24 2015, 12:29 PM) *

FYI
That is a 911 filler neck and NOT a 914/6 filler neck
they are different and 911 does not fit well in 914/6 tank

Crap Glenn, Are you sure? I was looking at the position of the vent hose connection. The vent hose connection looks like it's on the correct side.... Should be facing the rear of the car correct?

Is there a difference in the length of the neck or the length of the dip stick?
rick 918-S
Just got this photo of a factory 6 neck.

Click to view attachment
altitude411
confused24.gif OP's looks just like mine? popcorn[1].gif
* I see two styles listed on this site http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/9146_gt_oil_fi...ck_9146_factory
rick 918-S
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Oct 24 2015, 07:27 PM) *

confused24.gif OP's looks just like mine? popcorn[1].gif
* I see two styles listed on this site http://www.pbase.com/9146gt/9146_gt_oil_fi...ck_9146_factory

Glenn is off line. Maybe that is what he is referring to. As far as I can tell from the photos posted the one I purchased Looks like photo 2 of 2 and photo 2 of 3.
altitude411
Yes , mine also looks like the series of No.2 photo as well, Rick. I am interested in what Glenn has to say as he was adamant about his answer.

That site claims both are fatory correct? And you know it has to be true if it's on the internet. shades.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(altitude411 @ Oct 24 2015, 08:42 PM) *

Yes , mine also looks like the series of No.2 photo as well, Rick. I am interested in what Glenn has to say as he was adamant about his answer.

That site claims both are fatory correct? And you know it has to be true if it's on the internet. shades.gif

It looks like it will work. Glenn has likely forgotten more than we know about the subject so yes, I am also interested in why he stated what he stated. I sent him an email.
gms
sure, top is 911 bottom is 914/6, the difference is in the base
the dip stick tube had a different angle as well, you can get the 911 neck in there but it does not lock in
Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
QUOTE(gms @ Oct 24 2015, 09:39 PM) *

sure, top is 911 bottom is 914/6, the difference is in the base
the dip stick tube had a different angle as well, you can get the 911 neck in there but it does not lock in
Click to view attachment

Thank you for the clarification Glenn. I remember that now from a discussion that was here on the forum at one time. I remember someone posting the neck was kind of loose and they were worried about it falling out and leaking.
rick 918-S
Honorable seller. Part turned out to not be for a factory 6. I wanted a factory 6 part. Seller gave me a full refund.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.