Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear spring perches, adjustable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cory M
New set of adjustable rear spring perches. Hard to find. I'll take $80 shipped. Send me a PM if you want them. Thanks.

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914Next
I may be interested Cory. I'm about to change out my original rear springs for new ones. I'm very much a "stock" sort of guy since my car is a survivor and want to keep it that way but also want to get the ride height back to where is should be with new springs. Are these a simple install? Any modifications required? Who makes them? Are they used with stock springs?

Thanks

Steve
Cory M
Hi Steve,
I got these with a bunch of parts so I don't know all the details. They appear to work with stock springs. The ring can be moved in the grooved slots to adjust the height. Sorry for the late response, need to set email notifications. Let me know if you need me to measure anything. Thanks.
Cory M
price drop to $80 shipped
toolguy
Call me thick headed, I can see how you could raise a car, but how do you use these to lower a car??
jcd914
FYI:
These are the spring seats and collars that come with Koni shocks.
There is welded stop on the Koni shock that the collar sits on and spring seat sit against the circlip. Stock springs fit these spring seats.
I don't know of any shocks except Koni that use this set-up but they may be out there.
Stock shocks would have to be modified for these to work because the spring seat is welded ion the stock shocks.

Jim
914_teener
2015, 05:19 PM' post='2274942']
FYI:
These are the spring seats and collars that come with Koni shocks.
There is welded stop on the Koni shock that the collar sits on and spring seat sit against the circlip. Stock springs fit these spring seats.
I don't know of any shocks except Koni that use this set-up but they may be out there.
Stock shocks would have to be modified for these to work because the spring seat is welded ion the stock shocks.

Jim
[/quote]

Caution:

Not that it is being suggested, but don.t modify a shock by welding something on it.

gcrotvik
Delete.
Cory M
Thanks for the info Jim. I wasn't sure what I have, now I know. I think I have some new koni shocks too. If I can find them I'll post a new ad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.