Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Yahoo search
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
clark2
I thought the search items come up based on number of hits to the site, I know we get more traffic then most of the ones ahead of us - how does that work?
skline
We are nobody's, nobody wants to visit this site so they route everyone somewhere else first. Or, This is a secret club, dont tell anyone. This is a word of mouth site. This thread has been up for an hour and nobody replied, what does that tell you? cool.gif
reverie
I've been told that a Yahoo search result is based on relevant content, and a Google search result is based on hits/traffic.

Please specify the search terms that you used. If you used "Porsche 914 forum" and we were low on the Yahoo list, then maybe we don't have much content here. But it is interesting here nonetheless. smile.gif
iiibdsiil
Too much off topic talk? Maybe... oh well!
seanery
they way our bbs works, I don't think they can get in and spider the info...so it would seem we are really irrelevant. biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
Google ranks the searches by number of links to the site. So if you want a high Google ranking, have all your friends who keep on-line journals (or "blogs") post a link to the site. This feature has been exploited for at least a couple of years to skew the search results.

Not sure how Yahoo rankings work.

--DD
KaptKaos
First rule of 914club, don't talk about 914club.
SirAndy
no one has mentioned the obvious ...

what exactly did you type into the search ???

biggrin.gif Andy
reverie
I asked him that earlier.

But you asked him better.. and louder! wink.gif
balljoint
QUOTE (seanery @ Mar 9 2005, 09:49 AM)
they way our bbs works, I don't think they can get in and spider the info...so it would seem we are really irrelevant.  :D

What the heck is a BBS? smile.gif
SirAndy
i typed in

"914 club"

and we're result number #2

rolleyes.gif Andy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.