Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Working Hard or Hardly Working
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
72Signal914
Just curious as to how much time you people spend on here during work hours. I have a semi-desk job for right now, I have the site up and ocassionally refresh it and if a good topic comes up or something else I'll respond. How about the rest of you

let see who wins the 'slacker' award smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
same here ...
Dave Blackburn
My job is pretty slow right now. I might spend 6 hours a day "surfing".
About 1.5 hours a day on this site.
I hope buisness picks up around here. I hate sitting aroud and doing nothing, makes the day last forever. mad.gif Also makes me spend more $$ online buying P-parts cool.gif
Dave
URY914
Same
Mockmaw
I work when I'm at work, I hate being bored and the day goes by excruciatingly slowly if I'm not working. When I find myself with nothing to do or hung up because someone else hasn't finished their side of things, I just go home. Of course, I'll surf here when I get home. rolleyes.gif
Cdn Teener
This site is ALWAYS up....it's just a matter of how much other work gets in the way of me looking at it...that or how much time the boss spend in my office. happy11.gif
Lawrence
I spend more time on the BBS at work, than I do at home.

But then, I don't have beer at work... yet. happy11.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Scott S
Two weeks ago we laid off 90 out of 100 employees. I was one of the "lucky" 10. I had to let my entire department go (30 credit and customer service reps). I gave notice on June 1 that June 30th would be my last day. Bottom line: LOTS of time spent seeing what is going on the world through the eyes of my computer!

Any one need a Credit/Legal guy? huh.gif
need4speed
My workload changes on a minute to minute basis. If computer problems were fires, my job description would be fireman.

When it's slow, I'm all over the 'net.

When something comes up, fortunately, I pretty much drop my web browser for work at any time.

At my last job, I spent a lot of time surfing the 'net, and it wasn't out of laziness. It was poor management. Period. When you've got a team of versitile people under you, who have a desire to branch out into different endeavours and work hard, and you confine them, you're going to have a lot of internet traffic. The problem is - a poor manager thinks he or she needs to confine the workers to a specific set of tasks so that they can be more effectively measured. Rarely, do the things they measure, directly apply to "getting the job done right". Except maybe for sales people. It's pretty easy to measure sales people - "hey Bob, how much did you sell this week?" confused24.gif
GWN7
I work various shifts (2 days, then 2 nights) and while waiting for a fire I get to surf a lot. That is unless someone else gets to the puter (only 1 at the station) before me. splat.gif
drew365
I'm currently trying to wean myself of the surfing habit. Far too many hours get wasted away staring at this monitor. I work for myself so wasted time is instantly deducted from what I have available for personal projects like the teener. I currrently check this site about six times a day. I'll try to keep it to five times tomorrow, if I don't sweat and shake too much. icon8.gif
Hawktel
My job is such that I'm here for a shift. If its slow, I still have to be here, so when its slow, I'm right here. When its fast, I'm right here doing other stuff.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.