Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Who rebuilds pedal clusters?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
I'm running short on time, and need my cluster re-built.

Is there anyone that rebuilds these? I think the springs are fine, but I'd like to put brass bushings in it, and make her pretty again. I saw that Pelican has a service, but I'm SURE thee is someone here that can get it done too...

I also need a new accel pedal.

Anyone....anyone...???
Jeroen
I *think* Martin Baker does them...
Did you check the "parts and resources" forum?
CptTripps
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Mar 9 2005, 08:43 AM)
Did you check the "parts and resources" forum?

Yup...I checked...but didn't see anything. Only thing under 'pedal' or 'cluster' was Engman's pedal kit....yet ANOTHER thing from him I need to buy!

machina
bruce stone rebuilt a set for me, found him on e-bay actually.

they are concours quality IMO, beautiful.

his email is :
bstone@haydenauto.com
davep
I have rebuilt several of them. Not too sure of the cost at this point, but I could look into it. I was not a fan of the brass bushings, I found them loose. Maybe they have improved in the last twenty years.

DaveP
skline
Yes, Martin Baker rebuilds the pedal clusters among other things. Does a really nice job on them too.
Martin Baker
I do them for $100.00 plus shipping. It will look better than new.
skline
See, I told you!!

Martin, the package went out around noon as promised, you should have it on Thursday. UPS
Gint
Martin that's beautiful! I will have to send you mine sometime in the next 6 months or so.
watsonrx13
agree.gif This is beautiful. Martin what parts do you need?

What's your address?
Martin Baker
I will put a new thread in the resources area for the service. I removed it because a few people wanted a cluster first. I can't do it that way. I MUST have yours first. They have to be complete, and with a decent set of springs, as they are on back order thru PORSCHE at the moment.
For now, send them to:

Martin Baker
1520 Hawaii Street
Fairfield Ca. 94533

You have my promise that they won't leave here unless they are good enough for my car. That is pretty close to perfect. I am limted by what I am sent sometimes, but they will be nice, with new bronze bushings. I do have a few spare springs from some of the ones I have done, and could not use the entire assembly. You can call me at 707 208 3264, to discuss anything you might want to know about how, or what I do to your pedal assemblies.

Thanks for your interest.
jr91472
sorry, this is a little off topic but...

Martin,
when you install the brass bushings do you lube them with anything? Per the instructions I got from pelican (with the brass bushing set), I lubed mine with a little bit of light weight oil. Now, every now and then, my clutch pedal still squeaks.

any ideas?

see everyone, I should have just sent my pedal to Martin (gratuitous plug) biggrin.gif

beer.gif
Gint
One question:

Do you use a factory roll pin?
datapace
Martins work is incredible!

I had him do my pedal cluster a few months ago and couldn't believe it when I pulled it out of the box.

-datapace
ppickerell
Martin,
I can make custom springs if necessary.
CptTripps
Email sent...I'm sold!

lagunero
to add an answer to your question, Eric Shea rebuilds clusters too. He rebuilt and shipped one for me in record time. Last I knew he rebuilt them and shipped them before he recieves yours. Just don't do what I did and forget to ship your core!!!

Martin's work looks awesome. Eric's I know cuz so far I have bought a cluster and trailing arms after I sent the 911 hubs for him to install. He's also in the P & R section.

Primo craftsmanship!
Martin Baker
As far as lube goes, yes I use a high pressure synthetic grease, not allot, but enough. This should stay there the life of the car. Its basically CV joint type grease. It won't run away if you know what I mean.

As far as the roll pin goes, I always try to reuse the original type. They are the strongest. It is more tightley rolled, which means more strength. This pin has allot of force on it, when you stop and think about it. Two small area support the entire load of the clutch springs when the pedal is depressed.
jr91472
ok, so I need to take apart again and add grease. I saved the old roll pin, so I'll see if it is re-usable.

thanks all
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.