Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Purpose of threaded hole
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
enf2232
What is the purpose of the small hole to the left of the seam in the transverse stiffener in rear trunk. Appears to be threaded. Hole also appears in carpet cover.

Please move if posted to incorrect forum.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(enf2232 @ Oct 26 2015, 05:35 PM) *

What is the purpose of the small hole to the left of the seam in the transverse stiffener in rear trunk. Appears to be threaded. Hole also appears in carpet cover.

Please move if posted to incorrect forum.

That hole's purpose is to be the rear position of the spare tire/wheel. The same hardware that holds the spare down in the front would be used to hold the spare down in the rear. Flexibility is nice.
CooltimesJr
the threaded hole that goes thru the carpet is where the factory tow hook was stored. It goes in that hole in the bumper with the pop off cover about the side of a US penny.
CooltimesJr
or at least that's how mine always was. Top never stayed on mine long enough to attempt a spare in the rear.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?aut...ch&id=10204
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(CooltimesJr @ Nov 10 2015, 02:12 AM) *

the threaded hole that goes thru the carpet is where the factory tow hook was stored. It goes in that hole in the bumper with the pop off cover about the side of a US penny.

Sorry...incorrect. See my earlier post.

It was a great feature to be able to make front boot storage available for additional luggage (that didn't get heated up by the rear transaxle), yet to not store your spare on the roof!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.