Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Avatar Question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
riverman
I've noticed lately that not everyone's avatars are appearing. At first I thought maybe they just weren't using any, but judging by the captions I'm pretty sure there's supposed to be one there.

Could it be that I'm running some software (anti-virus or adware) that could be blocking them or do I need to fool with my settings? Or is there something on your end not letting them through?

I realize that some people might find this a blessing, but I truly enjoy most of the avatars and would like to see them all. cool_shades.gif
ArtechnikA
you may have your browser security settings set to block images from 'other' sites. most people host their avatars on the 914Club site - but not all. also - some are animated, and you may be set to block those.

just a thought...
seanery
empty out your temporary internet files, too...sometimes that'll fix the problem.
riverman
QUOTE (seanery @ Mar 9 2005, 09:56 AM)
empty out your temporary internet files, too...sometimes that'll fix the problem.

I tried that, cleaned out my cookies, did a re-start, and it's still the same.

As an example, I can read your (seanery) avatar, but I can't read skline or SpecialK, and I'm pretty sure they both have one now. Do they host theirs off site, or are they animated?
914 novice
I believe that there might be a problem with the site.I have not had my pre loaded avenger avatar for some time and it won't let me use another.I just figured with all the stuff going on around here that it would get taken care of eventually when things settle down more.
Paul
seanery
Paul, yours is Captain America, right?

right click on the image and click "Show Picture"
seanery
sklines is an animated gif,
special k's is normal...they both fit the standard naming convention.... confused24.gif
riverman
It's not a big deal, and don't waste a bunch of time on it. Maybe it is my computer's settings, and maybe some member will know what the problem is. I haven't changed anything on my computer since joining and I used to see all the avatars (animated, clean, dirty). It seems that maybe since the club went down a while back is when this started.
Rand
I notice that occasionally an avatar doesn't load, but it's just an intermittant timeout thing and reloading the page brings it in.
914 novice
QUOTE (seanery @ Mar 9 2005, 08:02 AM)
Paul, yours is Captain America, right?

right click on the image and click "Show Picture"

Sean,
I can't get a image to come up.When I click on one of the pre loaded avatars nothing happens.
Thank you,Paul
SirAndy
some peoples avatars are just linked from other websites. if that site is down or your route to the server is broken, you won't see that avatar while other might ...

wink.gif Andy
davep
Some avatars are large files and it takes a log time to download them, basically wasting bandwidth because one cannot see the detail unless one clicks to view it.. Most avatars are thumbnails, and they load very quickly.
bd1308
you know andy, some of the guys who are having problems with thier connection *should* run traceroute to the picture's server.....that'll tell you for sure
riverman
Thanks. Something happened, because I can see everybody's avatars again. biggrin.gif
Gint
PFM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.