Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BLOG Suggestion, 1 of mine, others can add to it..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
Anyway of giving the BLOGs an address that can be a little more descriptive of the user? I see it as a nice place to store pics of your ride(s) and other stuff that can be attached to email signatures....

NO..I will not use it as a place to keep banned avatars....

Overall...not a bad idea and the use is prety idjut proof. However I have seen that SLITS can't figure his out.... screwy.gif
jonwatts
Not descriptive, but definitely shorter and easier to copy-n-paste.

TinyURL

Or for more descriptive you can use a (free) url redirector like V3 Redirector

Joe Bob
Also...shouldn't the BLOG be able to be accessed for updates via my controls instead of just thru a post....or both...?
SLITS
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 9 2005, 08:52 AM)
However I have seen that SLITS can't figure his out.... screwy.gif

Yea right...I'm gonna waste my time doing an online journal of nonsense for posterity....my memory hasn't gone yet....I still know yer ugly alfred.gif and you smell. icon8.gif
Pnambic
QUOTE (SLITS @ Mar 9 2005, 11:20 AM)
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 9 2005, 08:52 AM)
However I have seen that SLITS can't figure his out.... screwy.gif

Yea right...I'm gonna waste my time doing an online journal of nonsense for posterity....my memory hasn't gone yet....I still know yer ugly alfred.gif and you smell. icon8.gif

dry.gif rolleyes.gif
What Slits is trying to say here Mark, is great work. We all appreciate your tireless devotion to making this site better. Keep it up.
laugh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Pnambic @ Mar 9 2005, 10:47 AM)
What Slits is trying to say here Mark, is great work. We all appreciate your tireless devotion to making this site better. Keep it up.
laugh.gif

Yea, that's it smilie_pokal.gif ...unless your MikeZ, then the original statement stands
MattR
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 9 2005, 08:08 AM)
Also...shouldn't the BLOG be able to be accessed for updates via my controls instead of just thru a post....or both...?

I agree with that. It would be nice to be able to edit and view my blog through 'my controls' instead of having to find one of my posts.
Joe Bob
QUOTE (SLITS @ Mar 9 2005, 10:08 AM)
QUOTE (Pnambic @ Mar 9 2005, 10:47 AM)
What Slits is trying to say here Mark, is great work.  We all appreciate your tireless devotion to making this site better.  Keep it up.
laugh.gif

Yea, that's it smilie_pokal.gif ...unless your MikeZ, then the original statement stands

Outside observers would think that you don't like me SLIT boy..... sad.gif

Then why did ya keeping running across the AX course to drop trow?

Kinda scary.... bootyshake.gif
SLITS
I wub.gif you Mikey.......... lol2.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif barf.gif
bondo
QUOTE (MattR @ Mar 9 2005, 11:30 AM)
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 9 2005, 08:08 AM)

I agree with that. It would be nice to be able to edit and view my blog through 'my controls' instead of having to find one of my posts.

There's a button at the top of every page, just after "914 info". There's a link to your blog there.
McMark
Uhhh, look at the top of every page. confused24.gif Easier than that?

And I don't know what you're talking about for the URL. The URLs aren't the way they are for fun. It's how the blogs work. Can I make them shorter? Maybe. Is it a lot of work for nothing? Yep. wink.gif Sorry. Of course if you wanna learn PHP I'll be happy to share the source and let you make improvements. No sarcasm intended.
MattR
Whoops, I didnt see that. Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.