Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Look what I found
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
warpig
Not sure if I posted this already but, I was in the Saigon dealership to try and talk the manager out of some swag leftover from the grand opening he had told me about.
While waiting for him to come out of a meeting I saw this. piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Although I told the annoyed receptionist that I followed the sign's urging of "do not touch and take picture" confused24.gif
I think she could tell I was a 914 guy and I just wasn't welcome there. bootyshake.gif
iwanta914-6
Is that a real one or a mockup? There was a mockup at the grand opening of the Minneapolis Porsche dealer which was disapointing.

Looking at the pictures, this looks like it's not a real functioning car...
screenguy914
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Oct 27 2015, 05:11 PM) *

Is that a real one or a mockup? There was a mockup at the grand opening of the Minneapolis Porsche dealer which was disapointing.

Looking at the pictures, this looks like it's not a real functioning car...

Yeah, no front license plate. smile.gif
boxsterfan
Unobtanium
zambezi
Don't think you could see out the black windows too well.
carr914
There was a Full size Mock-Up that was auctioned last month for over $100k - I think it was in Taiwan
euro911
Saigon, as in Vietnam?
warpig
Yes Saigon Viet Nam. aktion035.gif
I don't know if it was just a mock up although that would make sense. I figured the blacked out windows were to protect some really good secret racing tech. idea.gif
The manager told me that they mostly sold SUV's and they had asked the gov for permision to setup a race track but were turned down. They don't want to encourage anybody to break the traffic laws there. screwy.gif
This was 2013. I met the manager through a mutual friend when we all had NYE breakfast and lamented the poor road conditions for sports cars there. (but it is getting better) shades.gif
EdwardBlume
Heres the real one
EdwardBlume
and
76-914
QUOTE(warpig @ Oct 27 2015, 04:51 PM) *

Not sure if I posted this already but, I was in the Saigon dealership to try and talk the manager out of some swag leftover from the grand opening he had told me about.
While waiting for him to come out of a meeting I saw this. piratenanner.gif
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

Although I told the annoyed receptionist that I followed the sign's urging of "do not touch and take picture" confused24.gif
I think she could tell I was a 914 guy and I just wasn't welcome there. bootyshake.gif

Did it have Fish Sauce on it?
Mueller
They had one at the DMG-Mori booth at the Chicago IMTS show this year...guessing it too was a non-running version.

The wife was at the Manila Porsche dealership a few weeks ago, didn't mention seeing a race car there or not, see only took one picture of a new twin turbo.
wes
Wow Saigon has changed since I was their in "68", I really don't recall any Porsche dealership in the country maybe they painted them in olive drab as to hide them!
warpig
QUOTE(wes @ Oct 28 2015, 12:22 PM) *

Wow Saigon has changed since I was their in "68", I really don't recall any Porsche dealership in the country maybe they painted them in olive drab as to hide them!

Ya, it's across the street from the new Harley dealer. aktion035.gif
Who'd a thunk it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.