Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jeff Gordon vs. J.P. Montoya
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
they are trading cars
seanery
Oh yea, forgot to say that they are on the Indy F1 course.

Gordon's gonna drive the Williams and Montoya the #24 car.
L8Apex
I heared about that.

Gordon said something like "My dream was to drive an F1 car. I would trade anyday" something like that

Montoya said, "It would be an experience to drive a NASCAR. But I wouldn't trade"

MDB2.gif
seanery
Montoya made a comment to his old team manager for Gnassi "Let me drive 10 more F1 years and I may take you up on it (the offer to drive Nascar).

Gordon is doing REALLY well. Granted, he is driving a good car, but he is almost inside the 107% rule based on Shumacher's record setting pole time of 1:10. Gordon is doing 1:17.3

Not bad at all!
L8Apex
that's pretty good. If you put me in that car today, I'd be dropping some fast times of 1:59's there. hehe. I'd be so frightened of stepping on the gas w/o the traction control.
richardL
That was a pretty cool show.

Gordon picked up really fast considering how 'alien' everything is in thr F1 car. He did a 1:16.2 which is just off the back of the grid in effectivily 6 laps.

He said the big thing was braking - its very hard to come to terms with leaving the braking so late.

Montoya enjoyed the NASCAR car and having to actually manage it around the corner and also how slow it reacts. He did a 1:38 on the Indy road course by comparison.

Gordon said it was the most fun thing he had ever done.

R
seanery
It's on again at Midnight eastern time.
seanery
it's on...
maf914
Pretty cool. Jeff did get the better deal in the swap, but then Juan gets to drive the Williams for the rest of the season! Plus, he's in the 2003 model while they only let Jeff drive last years car.

Mike
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.