Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: newbie has his first 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joeav8tor
hello everyone! I have purchased my first 914 today...it is a 73 2.0. I just have to wait for the auto transport company to ship it from Houston to Long Island...they said it will take between 7-10 days for the pick up...anyway, I want to thank the following people for their help and friendship in this process...Steve Gaglione, Chad Hallmark, Geoff (sorry about last name), David Lee, George Hussey and Craig Laughlin...without this site I would have not been able to purchase such a nice car.
LET THE MADNESS BEGIN!
beerchug.gif driving.gif flag.gif smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
You should be happy as that car still smells like new with only 13k miles on it!!! Way to go dude, I knew you could close the deal! you can send my consulting fees to the Brad Bail Fund biggrin.gif

I would like to see more pics of the car after you get it. Also, I hope you give the Concour shows a try as it should be fun with that car!

Geoff beerchug.gif
Pnambic
Congrats and welcome to the party!
beerchug.gif

13k miles?!?!?!?!?!?!
WOW!!!
watsonrx13
Congratulations Joe, the car looks fantastic....

Welcome to the Wonderful World of 914 ownership... biggrin.gif
Steve Thacker
Welcome to 914 ownership! smilie_pokal.gif

13K?! Is that what I read? Someone pinch me.
Rand
Beautiful! Excellent choice... I bet it's as clean on the inside as out (engine bay, hell hole, etc)??
Kudos on going in smart with good counsel!! If you don't mind, I'm curious about the deal you got? PM me if you like, or disregard if you'd rather not discuss the $$. Looking forward to more pics.

clap.gif beerchug.gif
type47
hmmmmm, bahia red..... (at least looks like bahia red smilie_pokal.gif )
fiid
That is one really nice looking car. Congratulations.

Midtowner
Beautiful car! One of the best years too! Congratulations! aktion035.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (Midtowner @ Mar 9 2005, 12:51 PM)
Beautiful car! One of the best years too! Congratulations! aktion035.gif

i thought it WAS the best year car?
Rand
Agree, '73 2.0 is the most widely agreed upon top choice. And this one is super clean. Thanks for the PM Joe. Very sweet car.
Flat VW
Joe, that is one fine looking machine.

John burnout.gif
jones
Nice looking car...13k REALLY!!! When you get it make sure to post lots if pics. Gud fer ya man! smilie_pokal.gif
Stutgart46
Congrats Joe, you deserve it. Happy belated 40th. smilie_pokal.gif
I believe the color is Phoenix Red.
As Pieter removed the cover from this car I felt my retinas burn just a little. This is one of the nicest 914's I have ever seen. The interior is beautiful and the engine compartment was unbelievable. It was amazing to see such an original car. Not since Steve's Beige car, have I seen all of the FI and associated pieces together.
With Joe's permission I would be willing to post the couple of pics that I took yesterday.
wrpspddrvr
Sweet! Awesome! That rules!
Too cool man! Welcome to the support group!

Cole monkeydance.gif
teenrookie
Congratulations!!! I called on that car, and the guy said he already had a buyer. I think you got a great deal, I couldn't get over there in time to steal it from you biggrin.gif

One fear I had was what if my son laid his dirt bike across the passenger side of a 13,000 mile car.

That car should have a full photo inventory done so everyone could use it for examples.

Congratulations again smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

GTeener
smilie_pokal.gif Great find!

Welcome to the club officially biggrin.gif
solex
Joe,

Great car congratulations, when you get a chance and the weather is a little nicer I would like to see it and if you would not mind...

Dan
Gint
Dude, you are so screwed! Quick... give your wallet to your wife. LOL

Congratulations. Very nice car.

And now, the one, the only, the obligatory....

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
xsboost90
13k, nice car!!!! I would still get it on some jack stands just to make the rest of us feel better. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.