Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: which CVs 944 or 911/930
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
worn
Hi Folks,
My 3.2 conversion continues. I have a 3.2 installed, car is painted sort of (needs buffing out) and now I have the axles. i originally was thinking the 944 Cvs on the 914 axle, retaining the inner stub at the transmission with the 914 CVs and then using the 944 Cv setup described by our major benefactor.

But I also came across 108 mm hubs from a 911 that will fit at both ends, so I could go with the sway away set up described by Eric. That would require purchase of the CVs and axles. I have a lathe to cut the 914 axles to fit the 944 CV that I already have.

Setting the cost aside sort of, which is going to suit me better. I should add that I have never gotten a moving violation stop in just short of 50 years driving and I do not intend tracking or burn outs at stop lights. Think careful. I will be running 205 tires made for summer. No flares. I still want it to be quick though. The thing I want to be sure of though is that something other than the transmission will break first. I like my transmission.

Thanks!
Andyrew
Im sure the 100mm 944 setup will suit you fine. Its rated to about 500hp and used as the "Renegade Hybrids" high powered setup. (VW Type 2 CV's).

Im going to run the 100mm setup on my car and Im pretty confident it'll hold most of my shenanigans....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.