Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subarugears Canbus Emulator
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914forme
I was drooley.gif over Subarugears sight and noticed two new confused24.gif items.

Click to view attachment that would make a EZ swap a lot easier

And this lovely device.

Click to view attachment

Lets you see the oil level in the trans.
Chris H.
Yeah that canbus emulator is $500 but their stuff is HIGH quality. Love the trans fluid level indicator. Didn't see that yet.

Smallcar has an interface board to emulate the top 7 fault codes for the sensors that won't be plugged in. Also helpful for later OBD 2 donor cars.

Smallcar Interface board

Reminds me of that big box tonyakavw made to emulate the sensors on his car.
strawman
That "Subaglass" gear oil level indicator sounds like a cool idea, but I can't figure out how/where it it mounted. Is it supposed to be TIG-ed in the case? It seems like a better alternative would be for Subagears to include the Subaglass in their "Subaplate" block-off plate ($200 incl worldwide shipping). Hmmm, I wonder if I can adapt a sightglass into my Bremar block-off plate...
Chris H.
I think there is a plug that can be removed on the side of the trans. There is a tapped threaded hole next to it conveniently.

Here's the details on how to install:

Subaglass

Great idea on the block off plate. I think that is Ian's next evolution. Definitely a better place for it.
914forme
idea.gif Figure out the proper size of the bung, tap it, then get one of these in the proper size.

Click to view attachment

M14 - M42 blink.gif

Done.

I like the idea, that it should have been incorporated into the rear cover. But they do a lot of flipped ring, and pinion swaps, and this product could be used by all of their customers, and not just us 2WD mid engine guys.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.