Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Searching archive at shoptalkforums?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mockmaw
I really like this forum and I have a really good time here, but it just doesn't have the massive volume of archived information that shoptalk and pelican have. Having said that, I can't for the life of me figure out how to search through the archive at shoptalk. If I do a normal forum search, it only returns results from the last few weeks. Does anyone know if it's possible to search the shoptalk posts that are months or even years old? Am I missing a tiny button somewhere that lets me do that?

Thanks for the help.
Bleyseng
Who needs it? We just ask Brad or maybe Hayden,Bontempi or others will answer. The people on this list have such a depth of knowledge and experience beyond Shoptalk, not to knock Shoptalk.

Geoff
seanery
problem here is: we're only 6 months (almost) old
so no huge archive yet
Bleyseng
yeah that's true, but just post your question and it will get answered and will be there for the next guy. The 914 forums has alwasy been kinda lame but the Type 4 forum has had some good info plus all info Jake Raby has posted.

Geoff
Mockmaw
I've posted my technical questions here and in several cases I've been less than impressed with the response. It could be that my threads are just getting drowned in the heaps of OT crap. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy hanging out at this board, it is a good time.. but there's sooo much off topic stuff here that I'm beginning to take my actual technical questions elsewhere (like straight to Brad, who's been incredibly helpful.)

Why do I 'need' shoptalk? Shoptalk has years of posts of "I did this, I like this, I wouldn't do this again".. the first hand experience from a DIY-er guy like me, rather than someone who just thinks that X is true because they heard it from someone else. 914club hasn't been around long enough to have a large archive of that information.

Now I hope I didn't just piss off most of the board..
Brad Roberts
Here is how I would do it..

Ask each question in a seperate topic. Dont ask 15 questions in the same thread.

This way..you stand a chance of getting an answer. I cant watch all the threads.

B
Bleyseng
Hmmm, most of the guys that post about how to do it have done several times. Brad has done it over and over again I take it, cuz he likes to find that edge over the rest of us.
Others will post on what worked for them in the past, I can't think of too many posers here on this board. wink.gif
I am a DIY guy and can't afford a Raby motor, Wevo 915 trans, Muellers Bearings plus I always seem to be enrolled in the school of hard knocks.
Best thing is to post your questions, get ready for some tongue and cheek answers and if you're not satisified say so, more detailed answers will come. Remember, most of us are racing, traveling, on vacation this time of year so its takes time to get answers.
Be real specific with your question and if you have a problem take a picture of it so we can see.

Geoff
Mockmaw
Fair enough, I will post my questions in separate threads. I thought consolidation would cause less clutter but now I realize that for archiving purposes, it's probably better to have separate threads.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.