Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: OE Black Front Hood
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
gcrotvik
Looking for an OE black hood for my 74 restoration. Hoping to find a hood with no repairs or rust. If the paint is checking, that's ok. Must be factory black.

Thanks,

Greg
boxstr
Greg, I will check on Sunday, I may have a black front hood at CAMP 914.
Craig at CAMP
QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Oct 31 2015, 12:33 PM) *

Looking for an OE black hood for my 74 restoration. Hoping to find a hood with no repairs or rust. If the paint is checking, that's ok. Must be factory black.

Thanks,

Greg

Tom_T
Greg,

If you're doing a resto that includes a repaint, then I can't see why it needs to be "factory black" under any PCA Zone 8 or Parade CdE rules of which I'm aware (I'm a Zone 8 Senior/Master Judge). Unless your Zone rules are different.

Either way - factory black or respray to OE Black - it will be a restored part, so any color should do, & it would be very close to the min 75% original for the Originality/Preservation Div. with a replacement hood - so anything else outside changed from original would eliminate you from those Orig/Pres Divs. & into Restored.

It's still & always going to be a replacement hood/lid.

Instead, I'd look for the best condition one you can find to resto to your OE Black, if it were me.

Good Luck! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
boxstr
Brag, good afternoon. Yes I have a factory black front and rear hood. Not tits. But you are welcome to take a look and see if they meet your needs.
Craig at CAMP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.