Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dual carb people
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ws91420
How do you have return springs set up? Where did you get it/
jwalters
The best ones I have found are the ones that mount on the shafts--I seen em at CB's website for like 7 bucks--

I lucked out and bought a donor car that already had em--
SirAndy
stock FI return spring in stock location (little hole in the back engine tin) ...

wink.gif Andy
Joe Ricard
Hmm I have the coil spring around the shafts. and 4 springs from the linkage arms to the air filter base. got them at Lowes. Low tension so it doesn't kill my leg. But the carbs snap shut right NOW!
ft.lbs.
im using the dual springs from any '70's-'80's dodge v8-works great.
machina
I have the coil springs on the shafts but they didn't seem to have enough tension so I installed these little tabs and extra springs(lower left in pic). You can adjust the tension by changing the angle of the arm. They actually came with my carb kit.
Joe Ricard
Dude nice rain hats. I can almost talk myself into needing some of them. But my budget is spent for awhile Unless can sell some shit.
Aaron Cox
i got the same ones...they rock. i dont have the fancy stickers though rolleyes.gif
ws91420
Thanks David that was the pic I needed. I had put a pedal return spring from the center pivot to the back of the engine. It stretched out to where it wouldn't go back to idle.
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (ws91420 @ Mar 9 2005, 09:13 PM)
I had put a pedal return spring from the center pivot to the back of the engine. It stretched out to where it wouldn't go back to idle.

You should replace that spring also. It does the "heavy" lifting.

The small springs help to fully close your separate throttle plates and provide backup in case the large spring breaks or comes loose from it's connections.

If you tweak the spring lengths you can keep your pedal effort down to a minimum.
SGB
I went to home depot and got 4 different packages- 2 springs per pack for $0.99. I like the action of the one that is composed of narrow gauge wire with a whole buncha windings from the accel cable attachment to the rear firewall (to get less overall stretch-out effect) and slightly heavier (and stiffer) ones on each carb. I don't have the cool little adjustable attaching do-hicky on mine. On the carb the spring is between the baseplate of the aircleaner assy and the carb throttle arm.
TGM
I found you definately need a helper spring to overcome friction in the throttle cable. Rather than add extra springs to each carb, I run a coil spring in line with the cable on the center pull arm and mount the other end to the sheet metal below the trunk lid. I use a low spring rate with a decent amount of preload which provides a reasonably constant force through the throttle range. A short stiff coil spring will add noticeably more effort as you get to full throttle.
tommy914
Where did those rain hats for the IDF's come from?
SpecialK
QUOTE (tommy914 @ Mar 9 2005, 09:07 PM)

I know that morphenspectra makes some:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...t=ST&f=4&t=7639

Not sure if those are the ones he makes or not.......but they do look kewl! aktion035.gif
machina
QUOTE (Special_K @ Mar 10 2005, 12:38 AM)
QUOTE (tommy914 @ Mar 9 2005, 09:07 PM)

I know that morphenspectra makes some:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...t=ST&f=4&t=7639

Not sure if those are the ones he makes or not.......but they do look kewl! aktion035.gif

Yup, that's them. They fit up perfect on mine but some had problems with their linkage interfering.

Anyway they are great and really necessary down here in FL.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.