Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- Onshape CAD software
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MartyYeoman
I just discovered a new(ish) CAD design software called "Onshape". It's a cloud based platform and can be run on any thing you can access the internet with. I just starting to play with it and was wondering if anybody here has experience with it.
Mueller
QUOTE(Marty Yeoman @ Nov 1 2015, 08:57 AM) *

I just discovered a new(ish) CAD design software called "Onshape". It's a cloud based platform and can be run on any thing you can access the internet with. I just starting to play with it and was wondering if anybody here has experience with it.

Hi Marty,

I waited for the invite and it took so long I forgot about it and ignored the email when it finally came.

At least a few months ago it wasn't able to export a dxf file and I think stl export was iffy so I didn't care if I got an invite or not.

I just did a search and it looks like those are available now. Creo Direct is free and halfway decent, nothing like the full blown Creo you are used to.

When are you officially done at work? We are able to get the full version of Creo 2.0 student for home use. I have that as well. Some files are even compatible between full version and student.

Fusion 360 from Autocad is something I looked at also, but I don't want to pay for anything else right now since my Geomagic is working fine and I have about $2K "invested" into it.

Looks like I am going to miss your party, I rsvp'd but did not get the chance to get the money in on time. On vacation last week...still at Disney. ..waiting for wife and kids to wake up.
stugray
Onshape looks great at first glance.

I have been learning Solidworks, but this looks almost as good but free.

Have you found any restrictions when using the free version?
I just might have to try it out.
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 1 2015, 09:26 AM) *

When are you officially done at work?

Tomorrow smilie_pokal.gif

QUOTE(Mueller @ Nov 1 2015, 09:26 AM) *

Looks like I am going to miss your party.

I'm sure Kathy will take your cash on Thursday. Try to make it if you can. chowtime.gif
MartyYeoman
QUOTE(stugray @ Nov 1 2015, 11:16 AM) *

Have you found any restrictions when using the free version?

It's a little different than the software I'm used to using. They say the intro-free version is fully complemented. confused24.gif We'll see I'm just starting to use it.
Marty
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.