Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cuppala quick questions fer y'all
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scooter311
So I start this new job, in a VERY busy hospital printshop as a sevices vendor/quoter yada yada, and I find myself with NO time to do diddly at work, not even on lunch. No radio, no internet, no friggin privacy. People always lookin over my shoulder, it's a nuthouse. I ran a one-man shop before this, and had lotsa time to, err, "keep up" with stuff cool_shades.gif - like, 914club, Pelican, ebay, etc, and now NUTTIN - 'cept crappy dialup at home.....

Oh well, cry for me rolleyes.gif

I miss being able to shoot in and out and talk to and see what's new with all you wackjobs screwy.gif Hope you're all well

So here goes -

I'm stripping my battery tray, and wonder what, if anything is necessary to stop any future corrosion from acid that may come back later after painting it? I did it once a year ago, and a little started and I caought it in time, but I'd like to get an optima someday and forget about the whole mess. Any ideas?

Also, Who is the kind gent who sells the rubber hold-downs for the top that mount in the rear of the trunk? Me likes to purchase a set and can't find them in the "products" section.

Thanks for the responses and direction a while ago to Craig Lauighlin's site, I oredered a set of his trunkild struts, and may nab his pilot lights as well at some point smilie_pokal.gif

Ohhh yeah, I went ahead and signed up for paypal, and it's pretty much changed my purchasing forever - click click click and BAM there goes my cash..........

LATER DOODS
Jeff

boldblue.gif
xsboost90
yeah paypal is great! just dont answer any emails saying that someone spent your money yaddda yadda...always go directly back to the site...scammers. mad.gif

i would coat the battery area w/ por 15, that stuff is tough chit! and get an optima. I doubt even modern batteries would give you as much problems as the seventies servicable open top batteries. If you are too worried, they make battery boxes in plastic that you could mount it in.

i guess you could always get internet on a cell phone or sumtin... confused24.gif
scooter311
Thanks xsboost, I'd like an optima next....

so would por15 neutralize any acidity? seems like it'd be a good primercoating as well.

SO who's selling the targa-top rear holddowns?

(I'm in a public library on lunch right now, dumb job mad.gif )
larryp
You neutralize acidity with base. Baking soda will work. You stop corrosion by sealing the metal from oxygen. Paint will work. So do both. If you want, use the POR underneath it.
Dave_Darling
The rubber roof-holding clips that go at the back of the rear trunk are stock items. All the "usual suspects" will carry them--PP, or GPR, or AA, or whomever.

Someone around here was talking abot making rubber clips fro the front of the rear trunk. Don't recall who it was; check the "Member Products" section of the forum.

--DD
rhodyguy
the baking soda trick works great. first, SLIGHTLY dampen the area, i use a plastic spray bottle and a kitchen sieve to sprinke the soda on. do the area surrounding the tray too. let it dry, soft brush it, and shop vac the residue out.

k
mike_the_man
You can also buy a pad that fits under the battery that will absorb and neutralize the acid. I would imagine that any FLAPS should have them.

Bruce (GWN7) was making the rear targa top hold downs. I have a set, and they look really good. I'm not sure if he's still making them, or if he has any left.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.