Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What the hell is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Kaeferfreund
Was this thing ever a real "6" ? new_shocked.gif

http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1970-po...14-6-c-4949.htm

Has anybody seen a hint to the VIN? In some parts it really looks like a real one (ignition lock left, gauges)
87m491
I think he needs to post more pictures of the body and fewer of the engine and undercarriage. Of course lights or a camera with a flash might help. Bonus points for the air horn that is mounted IN the trunk!

QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Nov 2 2015, 01:46 PM) *

Was this thing ever a real "6" ? new_shocked.gif

http://www.beverlyhillscarclub.com/1970-po...14-6-c-4949.htm

Has anybody seen a hint to the VIN? In some parts it really looks like a real one (ignition lock left, gauges)

mr2by4
Looks like it was real. Hopefully somebody will save it!
Cairo94507
Man, it appears to be a real Six based upon what can be seen. If it checks out, I hope someone rescues it and makes it nice.
altitude411
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Nov 2 2015, 06:42 PM) *

Man, it appears to be a real Six based upon what can be seen. If it checks out, I hope someone rescues it and makes it nice.

I can't zoom in on the vin on the rt front fender with my small screen. confused24.gif

Man, talk about a project... blink.gif I hope someone gives it the love it deserves... and gives the PO the slap he deserves.
mr2by4
What are those rear fenders? Are they custom? I sure hope so!
SirAndy
Looks like the real deal.

Man, someone hacked into that one ...
icon8.gif
carr914
Looks Real to me.

The rear Shocks are worth Big $$$
URY914
Nice horn rolleyes.gif
76-914
square driving/fog lamps??? confused24.gif
altitude411
forward dated bumpers unsure.gif
matthepcat
Beverly Hill Car Club is notorious for selling cars with inaccurate descriptions. I have emailed them on other cars listed on their site for information.

If they get back to you , they will only answer one of your many questions, avoiding answering the questions which might make you not buy it.

Oh....and they are not in Beverly Hills....more like downtown LA, dont be seen at night location. smile.gif
dflesburg
looks shady to me... perhaps I should let them sell my car for me, maybe they could get 80k.

914time
Alex Manos, the owner of BHCC, was on a recent episode of Gas Monkey Garage. Richard Rawlins went out there and said the same thing, "Not in Beverly Hills and a bit shady". He ended up buying a or trading Alex for a car or two.
dflesburg
I actually received an email from RR about my car. He apparently thinks its priced too high.

but it was exciting anyway...
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(URY914 @ Nov 2 2015, 08:39 PM) *

Nice horn rolleyes.gif

lol-2.gif av-943.gif
pete000
That shop was on Gas Monkey TV show, He sold them a Ferrari. Looked like a Barn full of old exotics and such. Nothing very nice.
Old Yella
I've been there and yes, some cars are in a bad state but boy does he get his hands on some nice cars. Seems to sell everything he lists too. They had a Dino out at Pomona at the last swap. Only a mere 260 freaken grand. Must be chump change to some.
As 914/6's have now become the must have rich mans toy, my bet this car will be sold within three weeks.
PancakePorsche
Got the early 80's treatment back when a nice six sold around the all time low but short lived $6-8K mark.
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(PancakePorsche @ Nov 3 2015, 09:37 PM) *

Got the early 80's treatment back when a nice six sold around the all time low but short lived $6-8K mark.

agree.gif
Somebody thought they were fixing it up at one point.... headbang.gif
sean_v8_914
looks like steel flairs that could be saved. check out the bondo crack on teh leading edge of the dented rear. looks like the real flair is still under teh custom air scoop
CooltimesJr
i zoomed in and played with the colors a bit, definitely looks like a 9 and 1 to the left. not the standard 470/471 etc format.Click to view attachment
CooltimesJr
see if this one works better
Gustl
looks like 9140431_1_ idea.gif
CooltimesJr
QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 10 2015, 12:34 PM) *

Does the 0 after 914 designate the model year (0=70)? or is that just the vin run sequence? I'm not too up on my '6' knowledge.
Dominic
QUOTE(CooltimesJr @ Nov 10 2015, 07:07 PM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ Nov 10 2015, 12:34 PM) *

Does the 0 after 914 designate the model year (0=70)? or is that just the vin run sequence? I'm not too up on my '6' knowledge.

Yes, for a 914-6 the 4th digit is the year. On a -4 car, the 3rd digit is the year.
PancakePorsche
I believe it is real and would be a fun project to bring it back. That is if it could be bought for under $20K and PPI clears it of terminal rust issues. Actually fairly easy if one goes the GT route.
rgalla9146
Looks real to me except for the later model sound deadening on the engine side of the bulkhead.
Original silver car.
Also, enough oil residue under the tank to say original.
Can someone focus on the numbers stamped in the rear trunk floor ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.