Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: look what made
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
well its started but i need to finish it. at least you can get an idea of what it looks like, or will look like. just need to add in the pipes to go to the header, and the outlets. its 2 glass packs but stainless instead of glass filler, with a 3 inch balance pipe/ exspantion (sp) chamber.

the 3 inch section is not welded on yet its a slip joint ( to the packs ) to make it easier to cut down to fit between the headers. i hope it works, even if i loose some hp its got to be lower back prssure than the stock 2 cats and muffler.

ps dont tell triad lol2.gif but its not for sale so i cant get in to trouble hide.gif
scotty914
opps pics help
scotty914
pic 2
Triaddave
triad see's it, don't quit your day job.
scotty914
QUOTE (Triaddave @ Mar 9 2005, 07:41 PM)

ya i know i am an electrician by day, i just wish i could afford your setup, this is costing me less than 75 bucks, and if it does not work i will just put in a normal balance pipe and use the packs, they were 15 bucks.

besides your setup looks cool and coping it is the best flattery.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Triaddave @ Mar 9 2005, 08:41 PM)

laugh.gif laugh.gif smilie_pokal.gif

your my hero dave! lol2.gif
Triaddave
no issues here, it's whats on the inside that counts. you need to mix the gases and have the correct back pressure. you don't want to cool the valves too fast apon shut down. heads are expensive.
scotty914
and Aaron finger.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Mar 9 2005, 08:53 PM)
and Aaron finger.gif

lol.....itwas funny! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
scotty914
i know i laughed too

but i am by no means an exhaust system designer, and making this way easier than doing a bunch of mandrel bends when i dont have a to do that, it is just going to be all prebent and cut and welded stuff.

as for back pressure and stuff its probably just as good as the 400 dollar quote i got
415PB
Just got my Triad on Monday and installed it. I'ts awesome. Thanks Dave
Triaddave
scott, have you thought about the flanges and how to make that connection? also the tail pipe tips are sometime hard to locate. if you ever flew a airplane, you know that the engine is offset to one side to compensate for the rotatation of the prop. i think you will find this true with our cars. it's not the same side for side. believe me, i've made hundreds of these exhaust. i am willing to help if you will let me.
scotty914
i pmed my number and just left a phone message to you dave

any time till 1 am est
redshift
QUOTE (Triaddave @ Mar 9 2005, 11:41 PM)

laugh.gif!

smile.gif

M
redshift
Dave, what's it take to have you make one in stainless?

I love me some Triad... mine is starting to show a lil rust in the bends, I am going to have her coated.

M
Triaddave
here is the story on the stainless triad. i can get some, but not all the parts i need to go stainless.unless it is all stainless, what is the point?besides,stainless would drive the cost up and i'd like to keep the price tag affordable. i would never spend $1800 on a exhaust for my car...if your exhaust has surface rust,clean it up and repaint. i have people that ceramic coat theirs and even aluminized. i like the kiss system...Keep It Simple Stupid
scotty914
well dave thanks for the input and advice, and i will email some pics of what i come up with.

and for everyone else, dave called me and gave me some pointers. not many people will give out thier secrets, and everyone who can deffinatly buy from triad he is a good guy
scotty914
well everybody who cares, which is none of you. i put my triad inspired exhaust of the suby motor tonight. it sounds sweet, nice and throaty i think it sounds like a type 4 on steroids which i quess it is in some way.

it sounds like a sporty exhaust on a type 4 with no valve noises, or like a v8 with 1/2 the cylinders. then when reved up it sounds very smooth, not high pitched at all with just a smooth rumble, and still has the type 4 sound, somewhat

yes i will try to get an audio track, as well as video this weekend. which raises a ?, does anybody have the ability to make a vhs tape in to a digital video???
redshift
QUOTE (Triaddave @ Mar 10 2005, 01:07 AM)
Keep It Simple Stupid

rolleyes.gif Oh boy! Another damned 914 dood calling me stupid...

smile.gif

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.