Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bolt on Flairs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
glen
Does anyone make bolt on flairs, any pictures?
Thanks
Glen
xsboost90
dont quote me but i think gt-racing does..
SirAndy
QUOTE (glen @ Mar 9 2005, 07:27 PM)
Does anyone make bolt on flairs, any pictures?

they are all bolt on if you wish to do so ....

all the FG flares i have seen have plenty of meat to bolt them on instead of glassing them in.
wink.gif Andy

randal, post some pix of your car! biggrin.gif
SpecialK
Scott Schroeder has a great looking Martini replica with bolt-ons, maybe he'll chime in.
rupert14
I have been considering the same thing and have collected some pics of bolted on flares.
rupert14
more
rupert14
and more
rupert14
still more
rupert14
had enough?
john rogers
Hey that's mine.....When I put mine on I used "large head" rivets and bought a pneumatic riveter at Harbor Freight as there are a lot of them, about every 3 to 4 inches apart. The rivets come in colors besides silver and make sure to buy some cleico fasteners to hold it all together which makes it easier. Finally, if you race any at all or use soft tires glue some stiff foam to the underside so the flares will not get "stars" in the paint.
scottb
i like the bolt on look. and the black bead is a nice touch as well.... smilie_pokal.gif

maybe i don't need to buy a welder afterall?!
machina
QUOTE (john rogers @ Mar 10 2005, 08:01 PM)
Hey that's mine.....

nice car john,

I have some flared bodywork on my long list but would want panels that could be removed quickly with dzus fasteners. Did you consider that?
riverman
Are those flares with flair?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.