Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Utah Race Track...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
xitspd
The new track is 4.5 miles long, making it the longest track in the country. The track has been designed by Alan Wilson of South Africa. He is considered the premier race track designer in the world. He has taken many signature turns from top tracks worldwide and incorporated them into his design. The new track is located about five and one half hours from Las Vegas on Route 15 Northbound.
ArtechnikA
is it already paved ?

i ask only because the last two tracks that were built near where i was living ( Reno-Fernley and Shenandoah ) were between 1 and 2 years overdue on their opening dates, largely due to paving issues (both of them evidently tried to lay a substantial amount of concrete in December, which seemed to me to be iffy at best...) but other infrastructure issues as well.

so it seems to me as if a track that's going to be open for use in October should be substantially done now...
Stutgart46
Is there a website or anything to see the layout?
4.5 miles is long. I wonder what their plans are?
VegasRacer
QUOTE (Stutgart46 @ Mar 10 2005, 05:49 AM)

Miller Motorsports Park
xitspd
QUOTE (Stutgart46 @ Mar 10 2005, 05:49 AM)

Try http://www.lhmse.com/mmpark/
Eric_Shea
The new track is located about five and one half hours from Las Vegas on Route 15 Northbound.

Or about 5 and one half miles from my house! w00t.gif (actually. it's a bit further than that)

It's actually in Toelle off I-80 not I-15.

Alan discussed the paving issues with the previous tracks in detail at the meeting a couple weeks back. The paving contractors really blew it and there is still open litigation.

The track will be operational soon and there is barely any ground broken. Sahara construction should have it ready in 180 days. They are doing it in pieces. The East track will be first. Hard to explain but... look at the layout posted above and imagine the right half getting the first knod.

It was an interesting meeting. We may have a meeting with Larry Miller later this month. 14 Shelby's (4 of them GT40's). The man likes his toys.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (VegasRacer @ Mar 10 2005, 09:39 AM)
Miller Motorsports Park

lots of future-tense, including "will be designed."

there is no indication that -anything- is actually -done- ... for instance - i couldn't find a single progress photograph - not even happy people with ceremonial shovels at the groundbreaking. i have yet to see a big development that didn't at least have that photograph ...

okay - the owner has a pile of money so it has a shot.

but i'd like to know if, for example, the environmental impact studies have been completed and the zoning and building permit processes completed. lots of projects like this proceed apace until they hit the environmental impact and land-use issues.

more race tracks is A Good Thing, and i'm glad the Reno-Fernley is finally operational, even if it did happen right after i moved from the area. i'd like to see more progress documentation on this project before getting my hopes up too far tho ...
Eric_Shea
Read:

there is barely any ground broken

It's "finalized". They're working on it now.

but i'd like to know if, for example, the environmental impact studies have been completed and the zoning and building permit processes completed. lots of projects like this proceed apace until they hit the environmental impact and land-use issues.

Dearest Prophet of Doom... Whatdayou care? You're damn near in Philly! I'll check with LHM Enterprises and see if Larry can give you a call. I'll tell him "Rich wants to know." laugh.gif

Silly impact studys are for States like Kalifornia. Here on Good'ole planet Utah if you be a member of the proper faith, own the "Jazz" and damn near every car dealership in town then "It's a go Jr."

Seriously, the impact studies were done over the past two years. This is the second site and the third design that Larry commissioned Alan to build. It helps when there is already a major cart facility there on the land. Larry "knows" how to do this type of stuff. He built the Delta center and a number of major facilities such as community colleges etc. Permits, studies and processes complete. Only construction awaits us.

I went to the final announcement meeting and I watch the local news every night. It's a go. I'll send you a PM when they open the track. type.gif

The paving needs 6 weeks to "cure" BTW. driving.gif
xitspd
http://www.co.tooele.ut.us/minutestcc020105.htm Item number 7.
Hawktel
Yeah he has the GTs, a Daytona, and a herd of Cobras. At one time I'd heard over 10 Cobras, so the 14 number seems a bit low.

Ive heard a rumor though the Mustang community that Larry H Miller acts as Carrol Shelby's silent buyer. When ever a rare Shelby comes up that Shelby doesn't have the money to buy, Larry does it for him.

Larry H Miller has the second largest car dealer in the country by volume, and the first by profit per car sold.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.