Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Guess what I just drove!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrpspddrvr
WOWOOOEEEEEE!!! I got my car tonight!!!!! The '74 2.0 Root_Werks sold me is here! My first teener! WOOOOO!!!! wub.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif wub.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif rocking nana.gif beer.gif
I love this thing! Took for a spin, drives nice! Alignment's off, slow as crap (compared to my 225WHP 240SX), noisy as hell (exhaust leak), but it's great! I love it!!!!!! It's filthy from the shipping right now, but it'll be gorgeous tomorrow! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got the shifting down pretty quick, and I

Cole monkeydance.gif

PS So Dan, until the title gets here, I guess I'm driving a car I'm "borrowing" from you? So when I get pulled for a nosie violation.... laugh.gif biggrin.gif

PPS I'm trying to post pictures, but it won't take JPG files..... I'm trying to figure out how to change them...
wrpspddrvr
I try to post pictures in .BMP and get a "page cannot be displayed".. Hmmm..

Cole
Jenny
party.gif

Matza ball! I mean, mozeltov!

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (wrpspddrvr @ Mar 9 2005, 10:31 PM)
I try to post pictures in .BMP and get a "page cannot be displayed".. Hmmm..

no bmps ...

jpg or gif only!
wink.gif Andy
wrpspddrvr
Hmmm. I tried with the .JPG, but it doesn't work. I get returned to the "post message" screen with a box towards the top that says "THE FOLLOWING ERROR(S) WERE FOUND
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You cannot upload this type of file"

????

Cole

SirAndy
QUOTE (wrpspddrvr @ Mar 9 2005, 10:42 PM)
????

well, are you sure its a jpg? how about the file size? can't be bigger than 300kb ...

i sent you an email, simply respond to it and attach the pic(s) and i'll see what's wrong with ...
cool.gif Andy
SirAndy
yeah, what i thought, they were waaaaaay too big, 2000 x 1500 pixels, ~700k each ... rolleyes.gif

i shrunk 'em down, here they are!

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

you might want to get intimate with the FAQ section on this BBS, which also explains how to prepare pictures for uploading ...
beerchug.gif Andy
SpecialK
beer.gif

Another victim! happy11.gif

Are these just the friggin' funnest cars to drive....or what?!? Big ass go karts, slot cars, and unique for sure (at least out in this part of the country cool.gif )

Give your new baby a bath, and show her off for us!
bd1308
thats how i explain the 914 to people who don't know.....huge go kart with a radio! Works for them...works for me! I love it!
scotty b
boldblue.gif Great to hear, now get your ass down to Richmond so I can drool drooley.gif all over it!
CptTripps
Sweet man! Congrats!

Now go get some jack stands and cat litter so you can comiserate with the rest of us!
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 10 2005, 07:16 AM)
thats how i explain the 914 to people who don't know.....huge go kart with a radio! Works for them...works for me! I love it!

Radio? Why do you have one of those? The best music in the world comes from right behind your head!!!! screwy.gif

Just kidding.. I am putting a radio in mine, but it will probably never get turned on. I get to listen to the "Symphony in 6 flats (flat six)!
wrpspddrvr
Thanks Andy! When I opened 'em up on my computer, they didn't seem that big, but after I sent them to you, I opened one from the e-mail and it was HUGE. I felt pretty headbang.gif right then.
Thanks for posting them up for me though!!

It just got above freezing here. I'm gonna go wash it! wub.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
Root_Werks
That rocks Cole! rocking nana.gif

Aren't these things just a blast to drive! driving.gif It looks like it arrived all in one piece so that makes me happy. Yeah, still waiting on the title. It is one of those 4-6 weeks deals..... Been almost 4 weeks now, so soon.

Just checking, did you get the Haynes manual and speaker grills from the box? Just making sure they didn't "Disapear" on us. dry.gif

Now you can see what I mean by exhaust leak. happy11.gif If your nieghbors are like mine, They just gonna looooooove you. driving.gif happy11.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Mar 10 2005, 07:53 AM)
Radio? Why do you have one of those? The best music in the world comes from right behind your head!!!! screwy.gif

all i listen to is the "it's a VW sounding Porsche sonata AKA [pop pop pop pop pop exhaust leak concerto]"--i'd rather listen to the beatles laugh.gif well that is until i get my 1.7....thx slits
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (Root_Werks @ Mar 10 2005, 10:03 AM)

Just checking, did you get the Haynes manual and speaker grills from the box? Just making sure they didn't "Disapear" on us. dry.gif

Now you can see what I mean by exhaust leak. happy11.gif If your nieghbors are like mine, They just gonna looooooove you. driving.gif happy11.gif

Yep, the box of stuff was in there. Thanks!!!

That exhaust leak is somethin' else. I love it! All my neighbours are gone for spring break, but they're gonna have a surprise when they get back, that's for sure! happy11.gif

Thanks again Dan,
Cole monkeydance.gif
Gint
Another poor *()&%@#$ wink.gif

Congratualtions man!
boxstr
Hey Wait one minute. That looks like the car I sent up to Dan Root for a six conversion. What, where is my car. I think i may have to sue someone, maybe everyone.
You wait Dan Root you will be behind bars. Prettly clever you 914 guys. Well your not going to get away with this.
CCLINNYQUILAFTERMATH
dinomium
I was gonna guess that you were riding a furry tractor...
Root_Werks
QUOTE (boxstr @ Mar 10 2005, 10:07 AM)
Hey Wait one minute. That looks like the car I sent up to Dan Root for a six conversion. What, where is my car. I think i may have to sue someone, maybe everyone.
You wait Dan Root you will be behind bars. Prettly clever you 914 guys. Well your not going to get away with this.
CCLINNYQUILAFTERMATH

Ha ha! happy11.gif Maybe you will think twice before sending 914's up my way now! happy11.gif Catch me if you can! driving.gif burnout.gif
Dr. Roger
Man, I'm felling your excitement since I just got my first 914 too.

I hate being one of the crowd but being part of the 914 crowd aint so bad... =-)

Peace,
Roger
mudfoot76
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Mar 10 2005, 01:19 PM)

I hate being one of the crowd but being part of the 914 crowd aint so bad... =-)

No it isn't laugh.gif

I can't wait for spring to arrive here so I can get mine out of the garage and feel like a whole person again blink.gif
Root_Werks
I got mine up on jack stands (IMAGINE THAT! laugh.gif ) converting to a six. But not to worry, it will be running again soon. screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.