Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Washington VW-Porsche Dealerships
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
I am updating my 914 SWAG webpage, adding a bunch of dealership license plate frames and need more info on Washington State VW-Porsche dealerships. Any oldtimers from the Washington area remember if these dealerships sold 914s when new or did these dealerships pre-date the 914?

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/Swag.htm

boxstr
I remember interlake porsche. Barrier is another one. I may have a lid plate frame at camp. I will look and see today.
Craig at CAMP
JeffBowlsby
If anyone has photos of any other 914 dealership SWAG they are willing to share, please email them to me and I will put them on the webpage.
76-914
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Nov 4 2015, 08:37 AM) *

If anyone has photos of any other 914 dealership SWAG they are willing to share, please email them to me and I will put them on the webpage.

WA only or CA, too?
JeffBowlsby
Anything you may have from any 914 dealership to improve the webpage.
sixnotfour
I have
University Porsche Audi Seattle WA.
Humphrey Porsche Audi Everett WA.

When I find the box I post pics..
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
My 69 911t was purchased thru Freeway Volkswagen in Seattle which later became University Porsche in Seattle (where my 73 914 was from). I'll send a pic of a Freeway VW frame I tracked down a couple years ago for your site. If anyone has a University Porsche frame- I have an extra Freeway VW I'd trade!
Andrew
76-914
I have one from a Santa Rosa dealership but can't figure out how to attach it to the email form provided here. sad.gif
JeffBowlsby
Just post the photo here.
76-914
here 'tis.

Click to view attachment
Bleyseng
Metro Motors was in Downtown Seattle (8th and Westlake) and became a Toyota dealer but now the building is still there as a parking lot
Yes, I was mostly going to Freeway VW but it split off for the University Porsche Audi Dealership. I test drove a few cars there buying a 75 Dasher from them (Porsche Salesman's car)

There was that Porsche Audi Dealer in West Seattle too can't remember his name
boxstr
Found theses.
Craig
JeffBowlsby
Thanks all.

Craig, were Econo and Sutherland both 914 dealers? I have no other resource to confirm.
rhodyguy
Carsten's was in Tacoma. Now part of the 'Look' automotive group.
messix
im getting a 404 error when i try to attach a picture

resize worked
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(messix @ Nov 5 2015, 08:00 PM) *

im getting a 404 error when i try to attach a picture

Try reducing the size of your photo?
ConeDodger
I'd love to find a Sierra Porsche+Audi frame from the San Bernardino area. My car was originally sold there and our esteemed members Al and Harvey Weidman worked there at that time.

Whoops! I didn't notice you had two separate threads on this... Sorry Jeff. blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.