Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stutgart46
Here are a couple of pics of the 13K mile car that was just purchased from joev8tr.
These pics do not do this car justice, but you can get an idea.
Stutgart46
enjoy
Stutgart46
more
Stutgart46
more
scotty b
ohmy.gif Is that dash cracked? Better get rid of that p.o.s. and the carpet looks dirty too.I'll give you $500.00 for it just cause I feel bad for ya biggrin.gif
Stutgart46
I'm sure Joe will be adding a ton of pics when he gets the car.
TC/914
WOW! I test drove a black/yellow bumble bee for a Saturday when they were new. That interior brings it all back! Just beautiful . . . except for the crack . . .

Thanks for the peek into the past.

TC
restore2seater
Is this some kind of patch? If it is, kind of an odd place for one.

914werke
No thats a support for the (anti-)sway bar mount
restore2seater
Oh! wink.gif
Root_Werks
L20E drooley.gif

Amazing car! smilie_pokal.gif
Bleyseng
Suffers from the number one warranty problem, cracking and spliting console vinyl edges....

Geoff
boxstr
I am suprised to see the dash crack on a 13k mile car.
CCLIN???
anthony
Me too. I have 160K miles on my uncracked orginal dash. Were those 13K miles documented?

TravisNeff
What's up with the serial number or part number stamped in the trunk? I have one on my white car, but can't figure out its significance?
joeav8tor
supposedly the miles are original...check the classified section, photos are shown for all of the paperwork...it has stamped documentation for all of the services leading up to 13,000 miles, the car lived its life in Houston which gets very hot in the summer and pretty cold in the winter...the car supposedly lived in the garage...but who really knows...all I know that Chad Hallmark did a PPI on the car, many other people advised me on the car...Chad said the car is in excellent shape...I wanted a 914 that was relatively rust free,in very good shape, and I believe I got just that...within the next month I will replace the dash pad, recover the drivers seat, and if I can find an original console, I will install that also...clean up any surface rust in the battery tray area, and have a nice car that I can be pleased with...I am happy with my purchase.
have a nice day. biggrin.gif
Joe
bondo
QUOTE (Travis Neff @ Mar 10 2005, 03:31 PM)
What's up with the serial number or part number stamped in the trunk? I have one on my white car, but can't figure out its significance?

It's the chassis build number I think. Should match the one stapmed on the color code plate.
Hi_Fi_Guy
Looks great! Enjoy it.
Root_Werks
QUOTE (joeav8tor @ Mar 10 2005, 02:36 PM)
supposedly the miles are original...check the classified section, photos are shown for all of the paperwork...it has stamped documentation for all of the services leading up to 13,000 miles, the car lived its life in Houston which gets very hot in the summer and pretty cold in the winter...the car supposedly lived in the garage...but who really knows...all I know that Chad Hallmark did a PPI on the car, many other people advised me on the car...Chad said the car is in excellent shape...I wanted a 914 that was relatively rust free,in very good shape, and I believe I got just that...within the next month I will replace the dash pad, recover the drivers seat, and if I can find an original console, I will install that also...clean up any surface rust in the battery tray area, and have a nice car that I can be pleased with...I am happy with my purchase.
have a nice day. biggrin.gif
Joe

I think you got a great car Joe. Take lots of pictures for us when you finally get to drive it around. driving.gif The best part about this car is what you said you were going to do to it. Take care of it like it should be. smile.gif
azbill
A very lucky find. Have a good time - That car needs some serious exercise.
914werke
and if I can find an original console, I will install that also

So what is pictured in the car is a Repro? Looks good?

Sweeeet Car smilie_pokal.gif Time capsule pray.gif
xsboost90
very nice car. i would say that the milage has nothing to do with dash cracks. Leave one of these in front of the dealer long enough and it wouldve had dash cracks. Most of it is from UV rays messing w/ the vinyl.
william harris
New dash pads are still available from Porsche. I bought one for my restoration from "partsman", a Porsche Parts Manager at Porsche of Nashua, NH and a member here. I am sure he can give you a great price at a little over dealer's costs. Guys, you would be amazed at what is still available from Germany. And I paid less than what a number of vendors (very good guys) ask for them. partsman is a resource for those who want OEM/NOS. Congrats on the car smilie_pokal.gif
redshift
Yeah, that number is a build code.

If you find more than one build code, and it's in other places (for extra credit.. where smile.gif) you have MORE than one car.

wink.gif

M
LvSteveH
The car has a few issues, but it sound like you have the right attitude about it. I was the “other guy” that made a solid offer on the car. Don’t take the rust under the battery lightly, you really should pull the engine, carefully media blast the area, replace any metal that appears compromised (heavy pitting or holes) use the high quality base of your choice (por 15, RustBullet etc.) then topcoat the oem color. Most importantly, always run an optima sealed battery or the equivalent to prevent acid from washing down into that area and ruining your hard work.

It does appear to be a very nice car and the seller seemed to be genuine, so take care of the issues and most importantly…….. drive it! I can’t see a 13k mile car being worth much more than a beautiful 35k mile car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.