Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Temp Sensor Wire Route
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pilothyer
Hello All,
Does anyone have a picture of the proper oil temp sensor wire routing from the sensor to the gauge ? I could also use just the routing from the sensor to the connector above the engine tin on the passenger side. Many thanks for your reply.
914Sixer
Wire on shelf plugs into the wire from the taco plate. Wire shows up in console harness plugs.
913B
maybe this might help you

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=97987
r_towle
From sensor it is strapped to the engine bar, then goes up underneath the battery through a hole in the front of the engine shelf tin and up into the top of the engine bay.

I cannot recall exactly where, above or below, but there is a connector so when you remove the engine you do no need to remove the wire on the bottom of the engine, it just comes out with the motor.

Rich
DRPHIL914
this helps me too, as I just found that my project car does not have a wire going from the taco plate to the connector above the engine shelf, now I need a new taco plate and sensor, with wire. - and I just changed oil before I saw it. - so my question is how does it strap to engine bar?
cary
The wire goes in a sheath. IIRC there are 2 holders made from tin that are wrapped around the sheath. The one above the taco plate I can visualize from memory. The other I can't. Then there is a big clear male/female union on the bottom of the hell hole. That's where the engine and the harness separate.

I have two tubs without engines, but neither was an appearance group IIRC.
Dave_Darling
Mine was not strapped to the bar.

The wire came out of the sender, and there was a holder on the taco plate that went forward and up. The wire ran across the front of the motor, to another holder on one of the bolts that holds the end of the oil cooler down. Then it goes over to the right-side engine shelf, and comes up through a hole there. Then it plugs into the main harness inside a rectangular plastic box connector.

--DD
rhodyguy
i think simply zip tying to the engine support bar was the easier way to add the oil temp sensor. the wire attaches as shown in the picture and comes up thru the right side engine tin (pretty sure) to the harness. i can't imagine adding the 'package' the "factory" way with the engine in the car. keeping the sending wire isolated and somewhat protected is fairly important. upside is when you wire the oil sender correctly the oil cooler is easily serviced/cleaned. leaky seals are readily accessible.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.