Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Elliot Cannon
My clutch pedal is not as smooth as it used to be. It kind of stutters when depressed. (Come to think of it so do I). Not sure if it's the tube or not. The clutch pedal engages just as high as before, just not as smooth. Well krap, the clutch cable probably needs changed anyway, so it looks like I'm back under it again. As nice as my 914 is, I am beginning to resent working on it. Is that a bad thing? Or am I just getting old(er). And no comments from you Kent. lol-2.gif I know how to do this, I just needed to vent. mad.gif
rhodyguy
Are you sure it isn't the pedal assem or the cable? How old is everything clutch related?
MartyYeoman
Better to put your hands on it now smash.gif , then when your trying to cruise Peachy Canyon. hissyfit.gif
Larmo63
Yes, you are getting crotchety.
r_towle
Release the cable from the clutch end.
Press the pedal and see if you can feel resistance.
Maybe even put a bungee cord on the clutch end to create some resistance.

It might be the fork, throw out bearing or pressure plate also....

Rich
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Nov 5 2015, 03:14 PM) *

Are you sure it isn't the pedal assem or the cable? How old is everything clutch related?

That would be an easy one. Thanks. Clutch is about 11 years old.
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(r_towle @ Nov 5 2015, 03:46 PM) *

Release the cable from the clutch end.
Press the pedal and see if you can feel resistance.
Maybe even put a bungee cord on the clutch end to create some resistance.

It might be the fork, throw out bearing or pressure plate also....

Rich

Oh, man! Do NOT say fork, throw out bearing or pressure plate. I'm just not up for that one. smoke.gif Although a new clutch would be nice. laugh.gif
76-914
Remove the bolts from the shifter. turn the base 90 degrees then step on the pedal. You'll wee the tube move if that front weld gave way. poke.gif Besides, you have a lift. How difficult can it be?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.