Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Subie NA engine with rebuilt heads.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
ConeDodger
This is a somewhat complete Subaru engine with rebuilt heads that was obtained by Original Customs in a trade with Jamie Rust. I understand that after the heads were rebuilt, there remained noise and it was determined that there was a problem with the bottom end.

I inherited this motor by virtue of buying the Sonoma Smog Center from McMark. This motor was stored in the back room.

I would consider it spare parts rather than a core to build on. The heads alone are worth the asking price after they had been rebuilt.

No warranty, as is, come and get it, no shipping available.

$300
bfrymire
SOC or DOC heads?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Nov 5 2015, 10:12 PM) *

SOC or DOC heads?

I have no clue. I hate to get Jamie Rust involved if he doesn't want to be but I know nothing about Subie engines. Except that there is one in my smog shop and I want it gone...
ConeDodger
I reached out to JRust and the following is his response:

I'll try to remember. I can only think of one suby motor Mark got from me. It was a 2.5 motor I'd say a 99-02 for the year. Can't remember that. I bought it for the heads. Motor had a knock that the guy was told was the heads. Paid $1800 to have the heads redone. Only to have the knock still be there. At that point he bought a used motor & pulled that one. So the motor had a knock but the Heads have maybe a couple hundred miles on them. Probably been sitting 4 years or so. Hope that helps -Jamie

So wow! $1800 into rebuilding the heads. Pretty much makes the engine a bargain...
bfrymire
Subie guys would have speak up, but those sound like SOC heads.

And it does sound like a great deal.

-- brett
jimkelly
i would also try to sell here, to a local to you guy.

http://forums.nasioc.com/

jim
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.