Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Been driving for about 3.5 hours....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrpspddrvr
In my new car! Wooo!!!
I skipped class this morning and went driving in my new teener! It's so great! It's all washed and purty now.
I've had the top off zooming up and down the local roads at around 40MPH. It feels fast, if nothing else. Only bad part is all the Techies are gone for spring break, so there weren't any chicks to check out my open-top roadster dry.gif Oh well, there's always next week- my spring break!!!
It BEGS me to take the racing line. I have to be strong.... must be strong....

Followed an RX-8 (plates: RX-ATE) for a bit. He was holding about 65, and I could keep up until we hit a hill. I shifted down into third just to maintain 55MPH, and he just shot off. I caught him at a stop sign. Turns out he's a 911 owner! No wonder he was so scared of me! biggrin.gif

This car rocks! I can't wait to stick the swaybar, new pads (both in mail from Pelican) and Azenis tires (within a couple weeks) on there! WOOOOO!!!!

Cole monkeydance.gif
type47
cool! i get to be the first........

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
bd1308
dude cole, my g/f banned me taking my foruteener to Gatlinburg....it blows. Goin to be so boring riding in her lamemobile (she has a 98 Mazda Protege'--thats right, its e' like they need a accent)...it runs good (it's 5spd) but its boring
scotty b
biggrin.gif I'll bet there are only about 5-6 people here who know that a Techie isn't a mechanic! laugh.gif
ThinAir
QUOTE (scotty b @ Mar 10 2005, 05:19 PM)
biggrin.gif I'll bet there are only about 5-6 people here who know that a Techie isn't a mechanic! laugh.gif

Virginia Tech?
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (ErnieDV @ Mar 10 2005, 11:27 PM)
QUOTE (scotty b @ Mar 10 2005, 05:19 PM)

Virginia Tech?

That leaves three..... wink.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
bd1308
now that you have a 914, you can drive over to my house
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 10 2005, 02:49 PM)
dude cole, my g/f banned me taking my foruteener to Gatlinburg....it blows. Goin to be so boring riding in her lamemobile (she has a 98 Mazda Protege'--thats right, its e' like they need a accent)...it runs good (it's 5spd) but its boring

Sucks man! Tell her you're willing to compromise. Mention you'd be more than happy to take her Protoge' if you can first swap in a 993 engine. Eh? Eh? biggrin.gif

I understand they handle rather well... Maybe you could talk her into some simple suspension and brake upgrades (i.e. swaybars and pads)? Still nowhere near as cool as your teener, but at least you won't have to stick to the right line when you pass through the mountains wink.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 10 2005, 11:33 PM)
now that you have a 914, you can drive over to my house

Meet in the middle? There's some great roads in WV. I'm talking seriously great. driving.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif I'm up for it if you are..... whenever I have a few days off work rolleyes.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
bd1308
NO FREGGIN WAY!!!! pm me your number and i'll give you a call....next week my spring break starts...i mean actually 2 weeks from now...like not this upcoming monday but next monday screwy.gif
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 10 2005, 11:38 PM)
NO FREGGIN WAY!!!! pm me your number and i'll give you a call....next week my spring break starts...i mean actually 2 weeks from now...like not this upcoming monday but next monday screwy.gif

lol, that's the week after my spring break, which is a week after the spring break of everyone else around here. We're all FUBAR'd! wacko.gif laugh.gif

PM on its way.

Cole monkeydance.gif
bd1308
i think everyone has different spring breaks to prevent a week-long riot of college students who dont like school laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Scary,,,,,you two TOGETHER.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dry.gif
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 10 2005, 11:47 PM)
i think everyone has different spring breaks to prevent a week-long riot of college students who dont like school laugh.gif

lol, not to mention that around here the whole place would be TOTALLY dead. Blacksburg rules in the summertime!!!! driving.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 10 2005, 11:49 PM)
Scary,,,,,you two TOGETHER.....AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH dry.gif

Yer just jealous 'cause we can make friends! biggrin.gif wink.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
Joe Bob
MMMMmmmmm, Mongo not like that....Mongo likes girls..... blink.gif
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 10 2005, 11:52 PM)
MMMMmmmmm, Mongo not like that....Mongo likes girls..... blink.gif

dry.gif rolleyes.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
Joe Bob
Name the movie.....
dry.gif
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 10 2005, 11:59 PM)
Name the movie.....
dry.gif

Blazing Saddles?

Cole monkeydance.gif
Joe Bob
Wooof....out here none of the kids know that...yew must be one of them that didn' t have cable growing up...?
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 11 2005, 12:05 AM)
Wooof....out here none of the kids know that...yew must be one of them that didn' t have cable growing up...?

Yep, no TV 'til I was 16. And that was only 'cause I got into Forumla One! This might explain my utter ignorance of Seinfeld jokes....

Why does Fred break so many transmissions?

Cole monkeydance.gif
Joe Bob
If you are talking about "Frank"....I did not change the stock 356 4 speed trans...it was designed and sold with a 65 HP motor and 165 tires.....Frank has a 140+hp motor and 245/45/16 wheel/tires....burn outs tend to destroy spider gears....

The tub was rusty and to change out and relocate the torsion tube for a five speed was not a viable $$ option.....
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 11 2005, 12:17 AM)
If you are talking about "Frank"....I did not change the stock 356 4 speed trans...it was designed and sold with a 65 HP motor and 165 tires.....Frank has a 140+hp motor and 245/45/16 wheel/tires....burn outs tend to destroy spider gears....

The tub was rusty and to change out and relocate the torsion tube for a five speed was not a viable $$ option.....

Yep, Frank :::embarassed smiley:::

65HP- 140HP?! Yeeow! Bet that's fun!
Are those 245's AX tires or do you street him too?

Cole monkeydance.gif
bd1308
cole got your pm....i'll give you a call soon.
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 11 2005, 12:30 AM)
cole got your pm....i'll give you a call soon.

beer.gif smilie_pokal.gif wavey.gif
scotty914
thank god neither of you are old enough to drink
bd1308
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Mar 10 2005, 11:39 PM)

....i got nothing. what bout you cole?
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Mar 11 2005, 12:39 AM)

lol2.gif lol2.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
bd1308
that's the spirit! i like the german strong stuff....not the Heineken crap
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Mar 11 2005, 12:50 AM)
that's the spirit! i like the german strong stuff....not the Heineken crap

My Mom brought back a huge bottle (larger than our 40oz) of beer from Europe this past fall. She took one sip and didn't like it, so she gave it to me (Only started doing this as of late, and of course no driving!!!!!). I polished it off and then got up to get some munchies. I managed to knock over a table and a microwave on the way to the counter. I then realised it was 9% beer- double that of the cat-piss I'm used to.
If you like sippin' beers, try a Hoegarden (sp?). I'm no expert like some of the guys here, but that's some gud sheet, holmes! beer.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
Joe Bob
QUOTE (wrpspddrvr @ Mar 10 2005, 09:26 PM)

Cole monkeydance.gif

Frank is a street car....gotta do a corner balance and alignment soon.....at the AX....it pushed in the corners....with the extra two cylinders and the 12 quarts of oil hanging out the back, it should be tail happy...but it's not.....
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 11 2005, 01:05 AM)
QUOTE (wrpspddrvr @ Mar 10 2005, 09:26 PM)

Cole monkeydance.gif

Frank is a street car....gotta do a corner balance and alignment soon.....at the AX....it pushed in the corners....with the extra two cylinders and the 12 quarts of oil hanging out the back, it should be tail happy...but it's not.....

Pushed in all the corners? Even the wide fast ones? Hmmm. wacko.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.