Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: so i found a JAHR tool
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nickg
is this the right one to diagnos my 76 2.0 fuel system? i mainly need it to calibrate the throttle switch(the dd article is for 73/74 and isn't good for 75/76)
Dave_Darling
JAHR tool???

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

The 75-76 2.0 throttle body is calibrated the same way as the 73-74 2.0 throttle body. You find the pins that get connected together when the throttle is closed, and you rotate the switch until they are connected together only when the throttle is closed (and up to about 2 degrees of throttle opening).

--DD
nickg
here you go
type47
hmmmm, nice tool. but i don't think that will do a throttle body position sensor. that tool (shown in your pix) is to check electrical signals.
Dave_Darling
A couple of the connectors on the ECU are different on the 75-76 cars. I don't recall if they're different enough to screw up the VW tester that you have...

The tester will test your throttle switch; I think you can set it up so that you can use the lights on the front to do the adjustment but I'm not quite sure. But you can do the same with an ohmmeter or connectivity meter. The one on my multi-meter goes "BEEEEEEEEEP" when there is connectivity between the two leads, so you don't even need to be looking at it to use it.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.