Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Phone dials on a teener
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
1bad914
Does anybody have phone dials on their 914, any pictures, will they fit? 15x6 or 15x7????
Aaron Cox
MattR has early 944 phonedials (ET 23) on his 914, with 205 50 15 tires. they may be 7" youd have to ask him.....

but, you want the early offset, unless you plan on running a bunch of spacer.....
Mueller
I'll have to find my other pictures, but for now, this is a 16x8 with 225....the fender is not stock smile.gif smash.gif

I have a picture someplace of my old 914 with 16x7 with 205 on all 4 corners, stock fenders (rear fender lips rolled slightly)

scooter311
WOW I like those 8s! Arew there 8s on the front as well?

Hmmmmm, maybe I'll be looking for 8 inch phonedials next....
Mueller
QUOTE (scooter311 @ Mar 10 2005, 11:00 AM)
WOW I like those 8s! Arew there 8s on the front as well?

Hmmmmm, maybe I'll be looking for 8 inch phonedials next....

I had the 8's on the front as well...be prepared for sticker shock, the 8's (23mm ones) are favored by the 911 crowd for track wheels since the fit under the stock fenders...

you can find 55mm(??) 8" phonedials, but you'll need a 1" spacer to make them fit like the 23mm units...

groot
Old pic.... I swear by the early phone dials. They're strong and not super heavy.
1bad914
More ...!!! boldblue.gif
groot
forgot pic
Mueller
QUOTE (groot @ Mar 10 2005, 11:12 AM)
Old pic.... I swear by the early phone dials. They're strong and not super heavy.

the phonedials wiegh on average 1 pound more than a same size Fuchs...not bad at all....
groot
Did I mention, relatively inexpensive? I've collected 10 or so wheels at less than $30/wheel over the last year or so.
airsix
Click my "blog" button and scroll to the very bottom. There's an action shot of my phone-dial-shod steed. Mine are late-model w/ spacers. 7" up front and 8" in rear on 225/50 and 245/45 respectively. I got the wheels w/ 50% tires, center caps, and lug nuts for $500. Phones are cheap and good. wink.gif

-Ben M.
MattR
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 10 2005, 09:40 AM)
MattR has early 944 phonedials (ET 23) on his 914, with 205 50 15 tires. they may be 7" youd have to ask him.....

but, you want the early offset, unless you plan on running a bunch of spacer.....

Damn aaron, you're quick.

Yep, I have phone dials, but no pics. Sorry.

It looks like Im going to have to work the fender a little and/or run a few extra degrees camber.
Dman
I run two sets 15x7 they can be had for real cheap ~200 a set.

Takes a little work to get them to fit and you need to make sure you get the ones with the right offset. I don't recall the exact p# now but I can check tonight if you wish.
markb
QUOTE (Dman @ Mar 10 2005, 12:00 PM)

Takes a little work to get them to fit and you need to make sure you get the ones with the right offset. I don't recall the exact p# now but I can check tonight if you wish.

Please do. I have a set of 15x7's here at the shop, but don't know if they're the right offset or not.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (markb @ Mar 10 2005, 01:03 PM)

Please do. I have a set of 15x7's here at the shop, but don't know if they're the right offset or not.

ET 23
tat2dphreak
drooley.gif wub.gif

phone dials are one of my favorite looks on a teener
Gustl
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Mar 10 2005, 09:27 PM)
drooley.gif   wub.gif

agree.gif especially on a blue car

my favorite:

iamchappy
black
airsix
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Mar 10 2005, 12:27 PM)
drooley.gif wub.gif

...and they are a real cheap way to get wheels on your car after a 5-lug conversion. Both 15" and 16" phones are very cheap, so you can pick whichever suits you best. (mine are 16")

-Ben M.
Mueller
16x7 23mm offset, 205/50-16's Kuhmo on all four corners

user posted image
markb
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 10 2005, 12:13 PM)

ET 23

Checked the phone dials at the shop today. They read ET 52.3. That make sense to anybody?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (markb @ Mar 15 2005, 11:41 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 10 2005, 12:13 PM)

ET 23

Checked the phone dials at the shop today. They read ET 52.3. That make sense to anybody?

say hello to 30mm spacers ohmy.gif

you want the 23.3 mm version...not 53 sad.gif
markb
Bummer. sad.gif Good thing I also picked up a set of 15x6 Fuchs. smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (markb @ Mar 15 2005, 11:43 PM)
Bummer. sad.gif Good thing I also picked up a set of 15x6 Fuchs. smile.gif

yay! wink.gif
markb
Yup, lucked out. A friend was out looking at the Black car & said he really liked the gold mahles on it. Then he spotted a set of 5 refinished empis I had over in the corner. I traded the mahles & empis for 4 Fuchs. biggrin.gif Guess who got the better deal? smilie_pokal.gif smile.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (markb @ Mar 15 2005, 11:50 PM)
Yup, lucked out. A friend was out looking at the Black car & said he really liked the gold mahles on it. Then he spotted a set of 5 refinished empis I had over in the corner. I traded the mahles & empis for 4 Fuchs. biggrin.gif Guess who got the better deal? smilie_pokal.gif smile.gif

gee... i wish i wasnt broke.....

i need to sell my polished 15x6 fuchs....

buy my buddy's 100 buck 15x6 cookie cutters..... put the 15" azenis from the fuchs on those.....

and buy my other friends 16 x 6" fuchs, polish them out, and buy some 205/50/16 for them....

anyone need some 15x6 fuchs???
markb
I'd LOVE to get some 16s. wub.gif Not in the budget for a Loooooonngg time. Gotta get the Black car finished before WCC, and make sure the Blue car will make it there, too.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (markb @ Mar 16 2005, 12:00 AM)
I'd LOVE to get some 16s. wub.gif Not in the budget for a Loooooonngg time. Gotta get the Black car finished before WCC, and make sure the Blue car will make it there, too.

want to buy some 15's? biggrin.gif
markb
Sorry, already got some. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.