Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: dpd air conditioning. Free, pickup only, soCal.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jacquot
What I believe to be a complete (not certain as I am not familiar with the product) air conditioning system by dpd, removed from 1974 914. It is yours if you come and get it in Huntington Beach, CA.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Tom_T
It appears to be missing the flat-top conical shroud over the fan, which allows one to mount the spare in the normal spot & height (VPCs are rectangular flat shrouds which raise the floorboard ht. due to the spare sitting higher). It would be good if you can find that part too.

Other benefits of the DPD over the original VPC are that it's a later refined version designed by the same guy, & the cabin vents hit the driver side better since they're further left, plus that leaves the controls centered below the vent controls/ashtray/center console.

Also there would usually be a shortened center console with angled & staggered 3 gauges (OT, clock, voltmeter) if it were a 2.0 car with the option or Appearance Group.

If you had all of those, then you could probably sell it as a package for a decent price, given the console/gauges.

At Free - this is a great deal as is for anyone wanting an OE system for originality reasons, or needing back-up parts or to find the other parts to AC their 914. However, I'd suggest going with the modern "innards" & lower HP drain rotary compressor of the units sold by AutoAtlanta (an updated design by the same guy), but keeping the OE look of this.

If I were seriously considering adding AC to my 73's resto, then I might jump on it cuz I'm close over in Orange to pick it up.

But if you get no takers & need it gone, then PM me & I can come over to grab & store it anyway for someone else's future use, if I change my mind, or whatever ?????

Good Luck & A very generous offer! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
ndfrigi
message sent
jacquot
Thanks Tom for the additional info, I appreciate it.
Flat-top conical shroud is included.
Would just like to see the system used here in soCal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.