Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paging Doctor Evil... Paging Doctor Evil...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Rusty
Check your PMs! smile.gif
skline
If this is about the car, I have been communicating with him and told him he can pick up the car anytime and take it down there to get the work done on it. If it is not about the car, disregard this post. Just trying to be helpful. biggrin.gif
Rusty
Car? What car? biggrin.gif

Oh wait... you mean the car I've never seen but paid for? hehheheh

-Rusty smoke.gif
skline
Yeah, yeah thats the one! I told him he could take it and I have not even got the money yet. Kind of a 4 way trust relationship going on. I trust I will get the money from you, Clayton trusts me to take care of all of the transaction, you trust Mike to take care of the car for you and he trusts they will do what you want and so on. A lot going on behind the scenes. Only on the 914 Club
mikerose
Don't forget my fee.

Mike cool_shades.gif
Rusty
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 10 2005, 03:35 PM)
Yeah, yeah thats the one! I told him he could take it and I have not even got the money yet. Kind of a 4 way trust relationship going on. I trust I will get the money from you, Clayton trusts me to take care of all of the transaction, you trust Mike to take care of the car for you and he trusts they will do what you want and so on. A lot going on behind the scenes. Only on the 914 Club

I trust there actually IS a car, and this isn't a nigerian scam.

Oh, and please remember... when you cash my personal check, please send me the extra 10,500 dollars back RIGHT AWAY, in a MONEY ORDER. smile.gif

Your loyal Servant

-Ravichandar, son of Imadweeb, dethroned King of Waireva Dafuk smoke.gif
skline
While I am thinking about it, do you mind if I drive your car to the SuperMex get together on Friday night? I promise to take good care of her. I wont do any racing or anything, just a nice quiet drive about 3 miles down the road. biggrin.gif
JoeSharp
Come on Rusty. I want to see that car , and if it comes it will receive posting. I kinda like the purple cars.
biggrin.gif Joe
Rusty
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Mar 10 2005, 04:12 PM)
Come on Rusty. I want to see that car , and if it comes it will receive posting. I kinda like the purple cars.
biggrin.gif Joe

IT'S NOT PURPLE!!! mad.gif

It's Aubergine. wub.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Root_Werks
The Evil one has been too busy working on my dash pieces to do car deals. You guys will just have to wait. laugh.gif
skline
Purple, Aubergine, They are both the same. If someone asks what color is an eggplant, they say Purple, not Aubergine. I will bet you $100.00 that my Yellow car will beat your purple car!!! biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
ill bet you my black/primer/rust car will beat your yellow car laugh.gif
Rusty
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 10 2005, 05:38 PM)
Purple, Aubergine, They are both the same. If someone asks what color is an eggplant, they say Purple, not Aubergine. I will bet you $100.00 that my Yellow car will beat your purple car!!! biggrin.gif

Your yellow car? You mean the ugly 35 year old stripper with peeling skin? barf.gif
skline
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 10 2005, 02:41 PM)
Purple, Aubergine, They are both the same. If someone asks what color is an eggplant, they say Purple, not Aubergine. I will bet you $100.00 that my Yellow car will beat your purple car!!!  :D

Your yellow car? You mean the ugly 35 year old stripper with peeling skin? barf.gif

Well, it will be Yellow pretty soon. And no, Aaron, I will spank you in an AX and you know it. It will be a glorious victory for us old guys. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
skline
And in case you are wondering, I am not painting it yellow to be like everyone else, I have had a yellow 914 before here. I sold it a year ago after owning it for a few years. I miss that car a lot so I am building it's clone. It would have spanked Aarons car in any kind of race. Here is a picture of it and the one I have now will look almost exactly like it.
william harris
Very damn nice yellow car!!! smilie_pokal.gif But I like purple, eggplant, whatever, I can't spell that other one. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 10 2005, 03:44 PM)
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Mar 10 2005, 02:41 PM)
Purple, Aubergine, They are both the same. If someone asks what color is an eggplant, they say Purple, not Aubergine. I will bet you $100.00 that my Yellow car will beat your purple car!!!  :D

Well, it will be Yellow pretty soon. And no, Aaron, I will spank you in an AX and you know it. It will be a glorious victory for us old guys. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

when and where. ill be there...kicking your ass. Your gonna need some good tires. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
I am here! I miss your car too Scott. I realy liked it.

Rusty, sorry I haven't gotten back to you (I thought that I did) I have not had a day off in 13 days....I forgot how wonderful a full time job is dry.gif

I am hatching out a plan to liberate your car from Scott after SuperMex tomarrow. I will see if I can get off of work early so that I can beat some of the traffic up north. I tried to talk Noel into driving it back so that we could take my motorcycle, but I doubt that that will happen. I would like to go to SuperMex also. If I can get the car tomarrow, I can get an estimate for the work by Sat afternoon clap.gif
Joe Bob
Urban Booogie Aubergine.....

AKA..... UBA....yeah baby....
skline
Well Mike, if you take the car after SuperMex, how will I get home??
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 10 2005, 11:03 PM)

get a ride with MattR, you may have to sit on his lap, so you dont fall through the floor board laugh.gif
Joe Bob
Oh..thanks for THAT visual.... barf.gif
skline
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 10 2005, 10:04 PM)
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 10 2005, 11:03 PM)

get a ride with MattR, you may have to sit on his lap, so you dont fall through the floor board laugh.gif

NOT!!!! I will drive it home with Noel in the passenger seat and see if I can lose Mike on the way home. happy11.gif
Dr Evil
Noel gets to drive the 4-Runner you dirty old man flipa.gif

If your nice, I'll let you shift while I drive. if it makes you more comfortable wink.gif

N A S T Y

I'll call you if I can make it.
skline
Of course that was all in fun, Noel and I would just have a Black & Mild together. Does she still like those? Tell her I said Hi. Do call and try to make it up, it would be nice to see you both.
Dr Evil
Ooohhhh, you were kidding. :insert duh smiley: Lighten up Francis. If I left at 5pm, when do you think I would make it up there by on a Fri night? Sat morning? dry.gif I will make every effort.
Rusty
Thanks, Doc. I just returned your PM.

Ya... work sucks. Trade ya jobs for the next two weeks? smile.gif
skline
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Mar 11 2005, 12:21 AM)
Ooohhhh, you were kidding. :insert duh smiley: Lighten up Francis. If I left at 5pm, when do you think I would make it up there by on a Fri night? Sat morning? dry.gif I will make every effort.

You would get here right about 7 or 7:30 just in time to meet at SuperMex. So come on up.
Eric_Shea
Scott,

When do I get the title for that PURPLE car you sold me? confused24.gif
Rusty
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 11 2005, 11:42 AM)
Scott,

Wow.. you got a purple car? How hideous. biggrin.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
skline
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Mar 11 2005, 08:42 AM)
Scott,

When you pry it from Lawrence's hands. biggrin.gif
Rusty
Lemme know when you get the cashier's check.

Did Clayton give you the title yet? smile.gif
Dr Evil
Rusty's car is a total blast. I am realy jealous. The damn thing makes me ach to get my car roadworthy again. I hope that it is as nice as his in the finer details when it is done. I didn't know that a 914 could be so quiet, and with carbs to boot!
skline
The Check came yesterday and Clayton said the paperwork is in the glovebox I think. The only problem I found with that car is the pushrod tube seals need to be done. It is a quiet running car. Even Noel liked it and said it was way quieter than any she had been in. We thinks the car sold for too cheap. Rusty got a great deal on that car. I still cant get over the fact that there isnt even surface rust in the hell hole. It just amazes me.
Rusty
Cool... do you have DrEvil's phone number? I had it, but can't find it.

We should secure that title. It would be a bad day for me, if the car got stolen with a signed title in the glovebox. sad.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
Gint
QUOTE (skline Posted on Mar 12 2005 @ 09:57 AM)
The Check came yesterday and Clayton said the paperwork is in the glovebox I think. The only problem I found with that car is the pushrod tube seals need to be done. It is a quiet running car. Even Noel liked it and said it was way quieter than any she had been in. We thinks the car sold for too cheap. Rusty got a great deal on that car. I still cant get over the fact that there isnt even surface rust in the hell hole. It just amazes me.

I *might* have hydraulic lifters in it. Just a thought.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Gint @ Mar 12 2005, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (skline Posted on Mar 12 2005 @ 09:57 AM)

that is a scary thought blink.gif wacko.gif
Dr Evil
Hey Rusty, I found a picture of Aubergine.
Gint
QUOTE (Aaron Cox Posted on Mar 12 2005 @ 01:54 PM)
QUOTE (Gint @ Mar 12 2005, 01:46 PM)
QUOTE (skline   Posted on Mar 12 2005 @  09:57 AM)

that is a scary thought blink.gif wacko.gif

I don't know why. My first 914 was a 1.8 with 96PCs (1911). When I finally realized that it had hydraulic lifters in it and got them adjusted properly, the thing ran great. And I never had to do another valve adjustment. The guy I sold it to still drives it today quite often and still hasn't adjusted the valves.
Rusty
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Mar 12 2005, 03:59 PM)
Hey Rusty, I found a picture of Aubergine.

Thousands of bad comedians out of work in this country... and you're trying to take a gig away from Miles? biggrin.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.