Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 5 Days and Counting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Howard
OK, you procrastinators!

5 Days to go. Here are the party people!

Username First City Guest(s)
-------------- ------------ --------------------- --------
/L. Linda Long Beach, CA
914rs Joe Rio Rancho, NM 3
ablose 58 Alan C. Port Orchard, WA
akellym Kelly Annandale, MN 2
andyrew Andrew Modesto, CA 1
bernbomb914 Bernie Temecula, CA 2
bondo Royce Los Osos, CA 1
bowlsby Jeff San Jose, CA
boxstr Craig Lake Oswego, OR
bryanc Bryan Gilbert, AZ 1
bwilless Brian Tempe, AZ 2
carreraguy Tom San Jose, CA 1
dakotaewing Thom DeSoto, TX 1
dekman Robert Santa Paula, CA 4
demick Demick Union City, CA
dinomium Dino Bremerton, WA 1
drew365 Andy Panorama City, CA 1
ejm Ed Wales, MA 1
Elliot Cannon Elliot Lake Forest, CA
grasshopper Barry Harpers Ferry, VA 2
greg.treadway Greg Marietta, GA 1
gwn7 Bruce Winnepeg, MB, Canada 1
headrage Allan Bakersfield, CA
howard Howard Westlake Village, CA 1
jenny (Duh!) Jenny San Jose, CA 1
jimtab Jim Pacifica, CA 1
jim_hoyland Jim Sunset Beach, CA 3
jkeyzer Jeff Mountain View, CA 1
Joe Sharp Joe Huntington Beach, CA 1
joe_buckle Joe Garden Grove, CA 1
Keith Sammons Keith & Joan Hayward, CA 1
kenschipper Ken San Juan Bautista, CA 2
korijo Dave Snoqualmie, WA 3
lagunero Alberto Lake Forest, CA 3
marankie Martin Agoura Hills, CA
markb Mark Arroyo Grande, CA 1
marty yeoman Marty San Ramon, CA 1
mcmark Mark Napa, CA
Mike D Mike Saugus, CA 1
mikerose Mike Pittsburg, CA 1
mikez Mike Santa Barbara, CA 1
mueller Mike Antioch, CA
neo914 Felix San Jose, CA 2
pisces914 Brad Seattle, WA 1
plas76targa Matt Pleasanton, CA 1
porsche rescue Jim Portland, OR
rhodyguy Kevin Tacoma, WA
scott thatcher Scott Baltimore, MD 1
sean-v8-914 Sean San Diego, CA 1
siverson Steve San Diego, CA
skline Scott Costa Mesa, CA 1
slits Ron Riverside, CA 1
spl914 Steve Moorpark, CA
steve Steve Laguna Niguel, CA 1
tiim5 Ed Menlo Park, CA
tonyAKAVW Tony Redondo Beach, CA 1
Travis Neff Travis Phoenix, AZ 1
TRE Cup David North Hollywood, CA
vegasracer John Las Vegas, NV 0
xitspd Daniel E. Hemet, CA 1

---------------------- --------
Entries: 60 Bringing 60 guests
bondo
One guest per person! I guess in a 914, the average number of guests someone can bring is one. biggrin.gif

skline
I am actually surprised there is not as much turnout from the NorCal folks as I had thought there would be. The people coming from out of state may not be bringing a 914 if it is really far, they may bring an SUV or something and the whole family. So you cant really go by that. 5 days left and there are some names I dont see in that list of people who said they were coming. Lets get it on guys and gals, get the registration in and lets have a big party!! Its not all about the cars.

I dont see any admins on the list, whats up with that???
GWN7
BTW...here's the LINK to register online.

Now if I could just find the link to pay the track fees.... idea.gif
skline
QUOTE (GWN7 @ Mar 10 2005, 12:18 PM)
BTW...here's the LINK to register online.

Now if I could just find the link to pay the track fees.... idea.gif

Hey, dont worry about the track fees, I covered all the track fees for everyone. I figured since I was going to win TTOD anyway, I may as well celebrate by taking care of it for you all. What a nice guy I am. biggrin.gif
JeffBowlsby
Here are some folks that attended last year that I don't see on the list...if you know them give them a nudge to sign up...

Sir Andy
Dave Darling
Brad Meister
Carl Cilker
Mer Cilker
Kim Knuttila
Jon Watts
Dave Hunt
Pat Warren
Darren Doud
Chris Reale
Rich Bontempi
Richard Lindsdall
Derrick Bents
Anthony Siino
Rob Ways
Allen Knutson
Steve Malm
Martin Baker
Alison Baker
James Adams
Nathan Breitling
Mike Dodgen
Andy Lauder
Chris Killam
Mike Ferguson
Chris Prim
Patrick Pickerell
Jason Samson
Bill Pickering
Grant Keyser
Geoff Bartelmes
Birgit Heinz
Bernie Willis
Scott Yeaman
Paul Smrz
skline
Steve Malm didnt show up last year, I know him and would have remembered. Nice guy but I dont think he has a 914 anymore. He could still show up. I have not even seen him on the club in awhile. Does he still post here?
Hammy
What if my father and I wanted to show up on track day to take some photos? Would we have to pay to get in if we were just watching? confused24.gif
Jenny
I may not be in attendance. Not too hot on the track day. It'd mean taking two extra days off work (in addition to taking Friday off) and I'm hesitant to "play" with my only mode of transportation. If I opt out of monday's track day, it's hard to justify paying $150 for Saturday's BBQ and sunday's drive to lancaster (??) wacko.gif Call me cheap if you want, but I can't really spare that kinda $$ right now. sad.gif

Jen
Andyrew
Hammy, I doubt that you would have to pay just to get in and watch.. But I dont know for sure... lol

Why not go to the whole thing? You can do what I did last year, Find a different person to ride in at each stop.. LOADS of fun!! Lots of talking and getting to know people.

Andrew (were driving up friday...)
mightyohm
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 10 2005, 02:55 PM)
Hammy, I doubt that you would have to pay just to get in and watch.. But I dont know for sure... lol

This is by far my biggest issue with WCC. It is not friendly to the casual observer who is interested in 914s but doesn't want to throw down $150 in advance to attend.

Demick
QUOTE (jkeyzer @ Mar 10 2005, 03:03 PM)

This is by far my biggest issue with WCC. It is not friendly to the casual observer who is interested in 914s but doesn't want to throw down $150 in advance to attend.

We had plenty of people with the same gripe last year - all I can say is they really missed out.

$150 is a bargain for this 3 to 4 day event. Besides, with 2 days off work, 500 mile drive each way, and 3 nights in a hotel..... the $150 registration fee is the least of my concerns.

A single track day usually runs $150-$250. Here I get a track day + some meals + some goodies + 2 additional days of 914 events for less money. How can you argue with that?

Demick
Howard
If you think it's too expensive, get in on the planning for next year and make your wishes known. If you do without meals, track, goodie bags, events, and prizes it can be really cheap. And if you don't try to raise any money for charity, even cheaper. Let's see if you will get your money's worth out of WCC 05.

$8 Friday Night Pizza/Beer/Soda
20 Saturday Poker run
10 Saturday BBQ
10 Cover charge for Saturday Show
10 Sunday Car Show
50 Goodie Bag
75 per entrant in prizes (you may not win that much, though)
75 Track Rental (rate per car at Willow open track days)
10 Track day lunch

So let's see, that's $268 worth of 'stuff'. Since the $150 entry fee is PROBABLY tax deductible, if you are in the 20% bracket, net cost after taxes is $120.

So for $120, you get $268 worth of goodies and do something nice for Special Olympics.

Hammy, you volunteer to be official photographer on Monday you're in at the track for free. Just post lots of pictures.

Jenny
Howard, don't get me wrong. It's a smokin' deal, especially if you do the track day. But I don't think I can do the track day. You don't have to itemize how much each event is worth just for me. I think it would have been more user friendly to have an option of doing track day for an extra amount of moola, rather than have it built into the registration fee. I know a track day isn't cheap. It's a great deal if you want to go racing, but sort of a bum deal if you don't. Not everybody wants to take their car on the track. Sorry if my post set you off.

Jen
Jeroen
Jen, I'm not pushing or anything, but you're missing out big time on the track day event!

For all who've never been to a thing like that... A TRACK DAY IS NOT RACING!!!

You set yer own pace and limits. If you think you've had enuf laps, take a break
Lots of fun and I bet there are enuf experienced drivers there to show you what to do (and NOT to do biggrin.gif) as you pick up the pace
And at the end of the day, you'll be a better driver

I haven't been there myself, but from the vid's I've seen, it would be pretty hard to do any damage on the Streets of Willow track

So, for those in doubt, I highly recommend it!!!
Go drive the track, if you don't you'll be missing out on all the fun
Howard
Twasn't aimed at you Jen; I am not 'set off'. Just trying to answer an issue that has come on on several posts, not just this one nor your response. I want everyone who wants to come to be there.

WCC 2005 is a direct result of polls that were taken right after the last WCC. We are doing MORE of what MORE people said they wanted. The breakdown was just there to show everyone the game plan. The biggest decision was whether to rent the track or not. Ya can't rent part of it. It's already paid for, so there is no difference in our cost if you attend that day or not.

This is not the case with the meals, goodie bags or raffle prizes. If you are willing to give up these things, email and tell me what it will take to get you there (not just you, Jen wub.gif )

Dr Evil
Am I missing something.......Like my name on the list? Did you get my check? Aw, c'mon.
skline
QUOTE (Dr Evil @ Mar 10 2005, 05:45 PM)
Am I missing something.......Like my name on the list? Did you get my check? Aw, c'mon.

No, your name isnt missing, you have too much work to do so we spent your money on hard parts for Howards new 6 cylinder conversion and figured you would just stay home and work on peoples interiors and stuff biggrin.gif
drew365
Anyone that wants to just show up at the track on Monday to watch and hang out is more than welcome. Willow Springs charges $10 to enter the track. That is not a WCC fee, that is what the track charges everyone every day. So for $10 you can hang out, take pictures, help empty some coolers after the track is cold.
Howard
QUOTE (drew365 @ Mar 10 2005, 05:55 PM)
Anyone that wants to just show up at the track on Monday to watch and hang out is more than welcome. Willow Springs charges $10 to enter the track. That is not a WCC fee, that is what the track charges everyone every day. So for $10 you can hang out, take pictures, help empty some coolers after the track is cold.

Nah. I'm so friggin' cheap (and we couldn't get a weekend anyway), they charge $10 admission on Fri, Sat, and Sunday, but not Monday.
drew365
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 10 2005, 06:08 PM)

Nah. I'm so friggin' cheap (and we couldn't get a weekend anyway), they charge $10 on Fir, Sat, and Sunday, but not Monday.

Even better. See, Howard took care of the track fees again. What a guy!
Trekkor
I would like to attend, but....

there's an a/x the day before I want to attend. ( Sunday )
Can I get my car teched on Mon morning or somewhere Sun late night when I arrive in SoCal?

KT
Hammy
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 10 2005, 06:08 PM)

Nah. I'm so friggin' cheap (and we couldn't get a weekend anyway), they charge $10 admission on Fri, Sat, and Sunday, but not Monday.

So... we could show up on the Monday and get in? I'm only interested in observing all the cars and trying out my skills on photographing cars/moving objects.. smile.gif
drew365
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 10 2005, 06:36 PM)
I would like to attend, but....

there's an a/x the day before I want to attend. ( Sunday )
Can I get my car teched on Mon morning or somewhere Sun late night when I arrive in SoCal?

KT

Monday morning, no problem. Late Sunday night, call Howard on his mobil. biggrin.gif
nine14cats
Doris and I want to be there, but the car isn't ready. Do you think the Suburban will understeer or oversteer at redline? ohmy.gif

Maybe put her in 4 wheel drive to pull through the corners?

laugh.gif

Bill P.
Howard
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Mar 10 2005, 07:20 PM)
Doris and I want to be there, but the car isn't ready. Do you think the Suburban will understeer or oversteer at redline? ohmy.gif

Maybe put her in 4 wheel drive to pull through the corners?

laugh.gif

Bill P.

Two options, pickle, uh pickering. You can come or I will hunt you down and kill you. No one who has been this supportive of the event can be absent. Wanna drive the V8 or the 4? Or should I bring my SUV and we'll go mano a mano on the door handles?

Trekkor. If you pass tech on Sunday, bring the sheet. Hammy, just show up!
Trekkor
I forgot, I have a/x's on the 16th and 17th, 23rd, 24th and then I'll see you on the 25th. Tech card in hand. wink.gif

this will all be part of a two week vacation ending at Dizzyland. wacko.gif

KT
scottb
for those of us slackers unable to attend, is there a way to score a shirt or two so we can at least act like we went? unsure.gif
teenrookie
QUOTE (skline @ Mar 10 2005, 01:20 PM)
Steve Malm didnt show up last year, I know him and would have remembered. Nice guy but I dont think he has a 914 anymore. He could still show up. I have not even seen him on the club in awhile. Does he still post here?

Scott-

Can you get in touch with Steve Malm?

I want to ask him about his old 914 V8
skline
Handled in PM's. Good luck with your quest.
neo914-6
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 10 2005, 03:41 PM)
If you think it's too expensive, get in on the planning for next year and make your wishes known. If you do without meals, track, goodie bags, events, and prizes it can be really cheap. And if you don't try to raise any money for charity, even cheaper. Let's see if you will get your money's worth out of WCC 05.

$8 Friday Night Pizza/Beer/Soda
20 Saturday Poker run
10 Saturday BBQ
10 Cover charge for Saturday Show
10 Sunday Car Show
50 Goodie Bag
75 per entrant in prizes (you may not win that much, though)
75 Track Rental (rate per car at Willow open track days)
10 Track day lunch

So let's see, that's $268 worth of 'stuff'. Since the $150 entry fee is PROBABLY tax deductible, if you are in the 20% bracket, net cost after taxes is $120.

So for $120, you get $268 worth of goodies and do something nice for Special Olympics.

Hammy, you volunteer to be official photographer on Monday you're in at the track for free. Just post lots of pictures.

How about the raffle goodies, like one from yours truly? There's good odds to get AHEAD on the cost. Last year I won a Bowslby harness worth OVER what I paid for registration. I'm counting on winning Muellers bearings this year. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.