Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gas Tank
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
I have a friend who installed an amp in a teen and pulled a rooky move chair.gif , TAGGED the tank!!

Does anyone have one cheep in the Bay Area?

I appologize for not putting this in the WB Classifieds but it is needed today if possible!

Thanks

Jeff
ArtechnikA
Cheseapeake, Hudson, San Diego, or some other Bay ?
(sorry - pet peeve...)

call Jim at EASY or Rich at High Performance House.

( just saw your location. Discovery Bay. i have no idea... )
Jeffs9146
Bay Area California!

Discovery Bay

The only ones I have found so far are $150 so that is my last resort! I was hoping someone had a parts car sitting around and they didn't need the tank!

I know it is a stretch but I am trying to help a friend in need!

Thanks

Jeff
Kerrys914
Last resort or if you are in a bind, JB Weld on the hole will get you home. headbang.gif
Eric_Shea
But it takes 12 hours to cure... huh.gif
Eric_Shea
Check with Felix (Neo914)
Eric_Shea
Maybe Martin Baker has something if he hasn't converted them to 100mm yet wink.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Jeffs9146 @ Mar 10 2005, 03:35 PM)
Bay Area California!

Discovery Bay

so that's like San Diego Bay, then.

(the map you posted was mostly water, could have been anywhere in the world...)

smile.gif

just giving you a hard time, and trying to keep the thread bumped near the top...

i have a tank, but i need it, and it'd take you longer than 12 hrs to boil out all the varnish it accumulated after sitting for 20 years. and i'm on the wrong side of the country.

good luck with your search, but my experience has been that parts cost more when you need 'em now than when you can afford to shop.
Mueller
long shot....

Try calling Strictly Foreign in Antioch, ask the owner about the 914 guy at Bethal Island, he used to have a bunch of 914s and parts. I know he is selling 2 914s right now.....

good luck....
Jeffs9146
(the map you posted was mostly water, could have been anywhere in the world...)

Zoom out on the map and you will see all of California......it will be clearer then cool_shades.gif

914 guy at Bethal Island

Is he the guy selling the black 6 on Craigslist??

Jeff
Jeffs9146
OK, Partsheaven will give me one for $75. If no one else has one they want to get rid of in the next few hours I will break down and go get it!

Jeff
Mueller
QUOTE (Jeffs9146 @ Mar 10 2005, 02:04 PM)
914 guy at Bethal Island

Is he the guy selling the black 6 on Craigslist??

Jeff

different guy I believe, I'm drawing a blank on the owner of the black /6 if it's who I think it is....

if its him, it was the 1st 914-6 I ever saw in person....the guy he bought it from let me take it for a drive, the 2.2S spec motor was awesome pray.gif
nebreitling
QUOTE (Jeffs9146 @ Mar 10 2005, 01:07 PM)
OK, Partsheaven will give me one for $75. If no one else has one they want to get rid of in the next few hours I will break down and go get it!

you're digging for a better deal than that on a same-day basis?

go get the tank already!!! cool_shades.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Your panic is for naught. Remove the tank, clean the area around the hole, and solder it up with either a large soldering gun or an old fashioned soldering iron. I've done that very repair for that reason, and the car is still driving around 30 years later. The hole (or holes ) is small, and it won't take much to repair it. The Cap'n
bondo
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 10 2005, 02:36 PM)
Your panic is for naught. Remove the tank, clean the area around the hole, and solder it up with either a large soldering gun or an old fashioned soldering iron. I've done that very repair for that reason, and the car is still driving around 30 years later. The hole (or holes ) is small, and it won't take much to repair it. The Cap'n

Just don't use a torch! smile.gif

You could also check all the local pick-n-pulls, they do have 914s sometimes. You're out $2 for each one that doesn't have it though.
jr91472
QUOTE (Cap'n Krusty @ Mar 10 2005, 01:36 PM)

agree.gif

save your money....JB Weld it
Jeffs9146

Unfortunatly it is not his car, he did this to another persons car when doing a stereo for him. He wants to make it right not just make it work!

I think we found him one in San Jose for $40 so all is good!!

Jeff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.