Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: '73 914-6 3.6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Cal
Looks like George's car is for sale......this should be interesting to watch. It's a very nice build and was listed for $79K recently.....not cheap.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&...lobalID=EBAY-US

matthepcat
How do you get any traction with a 3.6 and those pizza cutters?
mr2by4
Probably of the cleanest cooler install I have seen. If I thought you could get away with something like that for a water pumper, I might consider a Subaru motor...
Cairo94507
Terrific looking car.
76-914
QUOTE(mr2by4 @ Nov 9 2015, 08:50 AM) *

Probably of the cleanest cooler install I have seen. If I thought you could get away with something like that for a water pumper, I might consider a Subaru motor...

You can. Not the best craftsmanship but it cools my Subaru 6.

Click to view attachment

Andyrew
QUOTE(matthepcat @ Nov 9 2015, 08:13 AM) *

How do you get any traction with a 3.6 and those pizza cutters?

Sticky tires smile.gif

johnaz
Has anyone seen this car in person and can comment on the build/quality, etc.?
Thanks,
John
mepstein
An $80K AA build. No thanks.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 15 2015, 05:04 PM) *

Agreed, for $80k, the best of the best..... and the 914 6 emblem is placed poorly.
Fabulous.
Mueller
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Nov 15 2015, 04:07 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Nov 15 2015, 05:04 PM) *

Agreed, for $80k, the best of the best..... and the 914 6 emblem is placed poorly.
Fabulous.

Stockish 914 transmission which could have least been cleaned up and detailed better..or replaced with a better suited unit.

I'll admit, super nice car and it is nicer than anything I'll ever own, I just expect for that kind of coin they'd put more detail into parts not normally seen, that is what really separates the nice builds from other builds.
johnaz
Is the trans good enough to handle the bigger motor? Just should have been cleaned to look nice?
Anyone seen the car in person to know quality level?
Long flight for me to look, so hoping someone has details.
914-6 logo does look like it is not mounted level.
Thanks,
John
rgalla9146
QUOTE(johnaz @ Nov 15 2015, 10:05 PM) *

Is the trans good enough to handle the bigger motor? Just should have been cleaned to look nice?
Thanks,
John

The emblem is not placed properly on the panel.... it's too high.... didn't they bother to measure ? with a bunch of real examples on the same property ?
I'd be embarassed.
What's with the gobs of tar on the floorpan, at the front wheelwells and around the outlet for the front oil cooler ?
porschetub
QUOTE(johnaz @ Nov 16 2015, 04:05 PM) *

Thanks,
John

Trans will be fine its got one of those special intermediate plate conversions,would the doctor put anyone wrong av-943.gif
I see the ads gone did it sell ?.
porschetub
Its one his website for 95K,holy,statements on here about detail are correct,it came out of an "award winning" shop but no one has sweated the details on this car for sure.
johnaz
QUOTE(porschetub @ Nov 16 2015, 08:57 PM) *

QUOTE(johnaz @ Nov 16 2015, 04:05 PM) *

Thanks,
John

Trans will be fine its got one of those special intermediate plate conversions,would the doctor put anyone wrong av-943.gif
I see the ads gone did it sell ?.

Car has not sold. eBay ad expired.
Hope someone has seen the car to provide some facts.
Mueller
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Nov 16 2015, 01:36 PM) *

QUOTE(johnaz @ Nov 15 2015, 10:05 PM) *

Thanks,
John

The emblem is not placed properly on the panel.... it's too high.... didn't they bother to measure ? with a bunch of real examples on the same property ?
I'd be embarassed.
What's with the gobs of tar on the floorpan, at the front wheelwells and around the outlet for the front oil cooler ?

Easier to mask or hide problems or lack of refurbishing those areas?
sean_v8_914
air flow nightmare up front. 101: how not to do an oil cooler opening.
johnaz
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 22 2015, 10:14 AM) *

air flow nightmare up front. 101: how not to do an oil cooler opening.

Sean,
What setup should it be? I see the oil cooler up front, and the a/c condenser flat behind it. Seems like it should work there?
Can you advise your view on it?
Thanks,
John
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.