Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ebay: Bumblebee
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
iwanta914-6
Really? Someone had a bumblebee and decided that a quick respray of the exterior in white was a good idea? SMH

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porsche-914-Limite...em=381461574997

That aside, it appears that it could be a decent deal especially if someone wanted to put it back to it's original bumble bee goodness. Buy the rusted out one in the classifieds for some of the parts, like the correct front spoiler...
Johny Blackstain
One of the most, if not the most desirable model of Porsche's 914, this is an 2.0 liter LE model built by Porsche in 1974 to celebrate their Can Am racing success. Produced in very limited numbers the LE cars were offered in either Ivory (L80E) known as "Popsicle" or as in this case Black (LO41) "Bumblebee."

Popsicle? Popsicle? headbang.gif
Mike Fitton
Not a bit of yellow paint to be found anywhere, even the rocker covers are chipped and no yellow! What about the back of the spare rim?
era vulgaris
Yikes, that passenger door gap reminds me of my old car!

Also, killer spacing job on the engine grill letters biggrin.gif
Cairo94507
Do they have a COA to verify the pedigree?
somd914
And early bumpers, which actually look to be in respectable shape...
87m491
With the sale price, someone thought it was special!

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Nov 10 2015, 03:09 PM) *

Do they have a COA to verify the pedigree?

PancakePorsche
The Can Am scheme fell out of fashion in the 80's and more than a few got changed to conventional. Also repaint/color change is indicative of previous accident repair. Not saying it is in this case, but that RH door gap is alarming to me.
GaroldShaffer
Wow $16500 for a car needs paint and repair to fix the door gaps. Also not 100% sure the front valance is OEM, would need to see the ends to verify. Not saying it is not a good car, just not $16.5K in my book.
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Nov 17 2015, 07:03 AM) *

Wow $16500 for a car needs paint and repair to fix the door gaps. Also not 100% sure the front valance is OEM, would need to see the ends to verify. Not saying it is not a good car, just not $16.5K in my book.

It is not the correct front valance, I think it was stated as such in the description iirc.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Nov 17 2015, 05:03 AM) *

Not correct front valance but seller states the brackets are their to attach the correct one. Also seller has COA on order and buyer can return the car if it is not a confirmed Can Am car.
Jett
Does seem high considering a good repaint (disassembly, bare metal blasting, body work, paint and reassembly) will be around $20K. But the car will be cool.

QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Nov 17 2015, 06:03 AM) *

87m491
Assuming it is an LE, assuming the engine work described was done, say in the last 10K miles who knows how many years, assuming the 40K miles is true +-100%. What would the car be worth if it didn't need to be repainted?

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Nov 17 2015, 07:24 AM) *

Not correct front valance but seller states the brackets are their to attach the correct one. Also seller has COA on order and buyer can return the car if it is not a confirmed Can Am car.

GaroldShaffer
In my book $20K ish maybe more since prices for really nice examples are climbing.
The COA should have the engine number included and if it matches the one currently in the car that would help bring the value up.

Also has wrong bumpers on it. Has early ones, which is not a bad thing as they can be sold to cover costs on correct bumpers.

QUOTE(87m491 @ Nov 17 2015, 11:39 AM) *

Assuming it is an LE, assuming the engine work described was done, say in the last 10K miles who knows how many years, assuming the 40K miles is true +-100%. What would the car be worth if it didn't need to be repainted?

QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Nov 17 2015, 07:24 AM) *

Daiberl
For that money I would let my Bumblebee go and it comes with a original front lip smile.gif I think someone paid way to much for that car, it needs a complete restoration, might not be numbers matching, and the door gap locks scary.
914world2014
QUOTE(Daiberl @ Nov 18 2015, 11:01 PM) *

For that money I would let my Bumblebee go and it comes with a original front lip smile.gif I think someone paid way to much for that car, it needs a complete restoration, might not be numbers matching, and the door gap locks scary.

Whats my correct perfect Bumblebee worth if this one went for stated? LOL.
JeffBowlsby
What's your VIN so we can see its photos on the LE Registry?
mepstein
And where in nj ? smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.