Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 liter rebuild - want more power/speed
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914mark
Hello everyone,
I've got a '74 with a 1.8L, I put dual Webers on it and it already had a hot cam (not to radical - installed by the previous owner). I'm pulling the engine and I've got a spare 2.0L I'm thinking of redoing and plan on putting Kerry Hunter headers and a SuperTrapp. I would like to put a cam in that provides a good shot out of the hole! Any thoughts or experiences would be appreciated. I'm also looking at a 911 front end swap. I currently have fiberglass flares and 911 fuchs. Unfortunately the 4-bolt rotors were drilled out to accommodate the 5-lug wheel. It works, but I want to go fast and don't trust that set up as far as stopping and overall safety. How difficult is the conversion?
Thanks
Mark
anthony
If there are 911 studs behind the 5 hole drilled rotors then I would think you have a set up that you can trust. That's the way the rear is normally converted.

You might want to find the 914 2L project buildup that was done in Grassroots Motorsports. They got about 120hp out of a fuel injected 2L engine. If you go to their online store you can buy all their back issues that featured 914s.
seanery
This has been discussed recently:

HERE

also check:
Web Cams
tat2dphreak
also look at Raby's Aircooled Technology he's been getting 200+ hp from type 4 engines
Bleyseng
In the front the conversion is just install the whole 911 front suspension. Or just install the struts with all the brake parts and discs. The 911 strut is a bolt on afair and if you get the vented rotors and bigger calipers you will notice a nice improvement it stopping. I the rear it sounds like you should just keep what you got.
Lots to do to get a 2.0L to 120hp with Djet.
Go to 96mm pistons, 8 to 1 compression
Hotter cam, maybe a 86a if you track the car.
Have the heads ported
Electronic Ignition
Dyno tune the carbs
Balance everything
Geoff assimilate.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.