Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Exploring Chump racing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Bat30265
Hi All,

Getting interested in Chump racing, fairly new to the Chattanooga TN area so not many "car guy" friends here yet.

Anyone in this area interested in Chump? Thinking of maybe buying a Miata, or possibly a 944 or maybe another 914.
vintage914racer
QUOTE(Bat30265 @ Nov 11 2015, 04:33 PM) *

Hi All,

Getting interested in Chump racing, fairly new to the Chattanooga TN area so not many "car guy" friends here yet.

Anyone in this area interested in Chump? Thinking of maybe buying a Miata, or possibly a 944 or maybe another 914.

I'm not from your area, however have been racing with Chumpcar for 5 years now. I was originally hoping to build a Porsche for the series, but fell into a e30 BMW instead. At that time they were not as prevalent as they are now. It's proven to be a very competitive platform and you'll find at least 1/3 of any chump grid is made up of them. They are fast out of the box and dead reliable, however some view them with disdain because they are too popular. For that reason you might enjoy going with a different model. I've seen a couple competitive 944s, one 914 and a number of Miatas.
Jetsetsurfshop
Do it! driving.gif Raced mine this year and got a ride with George (paintedman) last year. Chumpcar was great. beerchug.gif
We both used our 914s. I had it in my mind to always do the Chump race in my 914. I didn't see another option. I could easily make a list of why and why not to do a 914. BMWs and Miatas are everywhere on track and seem to be competitive. We ate up the 944 all day. Whatever that Lexus car is was a monster at Sebring. SC300 I think?
Something I noticed is the BMW guys would loan parts to each other. Your on an island with a 914. I was ok with that (we bring a spare engine and three transmissions!).
You could always rent a seat from a team. George and T.C. has done this a couple of times.
They have there own forum board with a ton of info. Go check that out if you haven't yet.

carr914
ChumpCar Rules! or lack of rules!

except their site got hacked yesterday ar15.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.