Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Special requirements for alignments?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wrpspddrvr
My new baby needs an alignment. It pulls to the right rather strongly if I let go of the wheel.
I was planning on just taking to a standard alignment shop, but figured that before I do, I should ask if there are any special quirks and whatnot one must be aware of when aligning a 914. Is there anything special, or can they treat it like most cars that go in there?

Thanks!
Cole monkeydance.gif
scotty914
stop step away from the standard shop, they wont even know how to do the rear end, do a search here, on shims you will see what mean
ChrisReale
I would do a bit of research as to where to take it. Most shops are proficient with new cars. The 914 isn't very complicated, but some shops just don't get it. Take it somewhere that knows Porsche's, but more importantly, 914's.
wrpspddrvr
Thanks guys, exactly what I was looking for. This place is the best.

I'll check the shim stuff in the morning. It's bedtime!

G'night,
Cole monkeydance.gif
ChrisReale
Shims allow you to add or subtract camber in the rear. less shims mean more negitive camber. Its not complicated, but I guarantee a local shop will not have shims for your car
bondo
When I took off my rear arms, I found separate shims for each bolt. They'll probably have shims, just not the "right" ones. I'm guessing you'll want the right ones smile.gif Engman makes some nice laser cut ones if you want to bring your own.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.