914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
Message from Scott (Renegade)
Aaron Cox
cant read it....not a member ohmy.gif sad.gif
mikerose
Quote from scott
Just a few weeks ago we were brought a 914 V-8 conversion that was in need of a
cooling system (that worked) and a whole host of other issues. The "builder" Rich, was a very pleasant older Hot Rodder that had been working on this car for months. He, and the owner Dell, live in the Pacific Northwest, near Seattle, and Rich was just looking for an excuse to come to Vegas and play for a week. So, with 914 in tow...through rain and snow...Rich brought Dell's little Porsche Hot Rod down to Vegas for a Renegade once over.

Throughout the project, I had the fortunate opportunity to talk with Dell on the phone and visit with Rich before he returned home. Both of them were quite excited that this trip would bring the car to life....and it certainly did. My last conversation with Dell, just this past Thursday, was a very positive progress report telling him that his car was nearly done and we would be delivering the car back to Washington this coming weekend as promised.

Monday (two days ago), I called his place of employment and was told he did not report to work. The person went on to tell me this was not like Dell and it had the staff very worried. Later that day, I called again. This time the voice was obviously distraught as she said he has dissappeared.

Today, Wednesday, the Washington Police have found his truck far from where it was believed he was heading over the weekend. Dell is still missing and the details don't get any better from there...

Your hopes and prayers are encouraged at this time as "one of us" may need your help to get home. I will be delivering the car as promised this weekend and I really want to shake the hand of the owner, Dell.

Thank you...

Scott...
riverman
Wow. I find stories like this one truly eerie and frightening. I hope it's just something weird and he turns up okay.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (riverman @ Mar 11 2005, 06:23 AM)
Wow. I find stories like this one truly eerie and frightening. I hope it's just something weird and he turns up okay.

agree.gif
neo914-6
Update from Scott:

Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:58:40 -0800
Subject: Re: Hopes and prayers

I am back at work after delivering Del's car in Seattle and I was just
contacted by the detective handling this case. He taped an interview
with me because a charge was made by us on Del's credit card at about the
time of his disappearance. After the interview, we asked for an update
and the news was not good. He says it does not look like there was foul
play, but he is probably lost somewhere up in the Olympic National
Forest. That is where his truck was found, and even a video tape from a gas
station on the way there showed Del to be fine and in good spirits.
It's been almost 2 weeks since he was last seen. This really sucks...

Scott...
Bleyseng
Hiking alone is a sure placing in the Darwin awards.. That National forest/park is pretty damn wild and you can get lost in a hurry. The weather can change in minutes.....

I looked in the papers for info but I don't know his last name

Geoff biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
there's been no mention of him on the local news either. when someone goes missing up there under these circumstances the talking heads are all over it.

k
Root_Werks
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Mar 18 2005, 06:13 AM)
Hiking alone is a sure placing in the Darwin awards.. That National forest/park is pretty damn wild and you can get lost in a hurry. The weather can change in minutes.....

I looked in the papers for info but I don't know his last name

Geoff biggrin.gif

agree.gif I have done my fair share of hiking/camping pretty far up in the boonies locally. Things can get bad in a hury. Never go alone sort of thing. I hope this person turns up alive and well. sad.gif
bd1308
ohmy.gif this is horrible guys.......My prayers go to him and his family
IronHillRestorations
This is terrible sad.gif

Three letters - GPS

At cheaper models selling for around $100 there's no reason to go on a walkabout in the wilds without one. Too bad.
dinomium
Way WAY too close to home...
bd1308
shouldn't someone be called....like a search/rescue thing?
nebreitling
wow. my thoughts have gone out.
Triaddave
dell and rich came to the triad shop about two months ago,great guys. i saw the car at northwest auto repair shortly afterwards.i may still have the phone number,if so, i'll try to find out what's going on.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.