Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SOLD: Sebring exhaust for 1.7L/1.8L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
BillC
SOLD: a Sebring exhaust (muffler, pipes, chrome tip) for 1.7L and 1.8L 914s. Used, but in very nice shape. No dents, no holes (except what's supposed to be there) and a nice shiny chrome tip. It's only a couple of years old (previous owner installed it when the old muffler rusted out).

This came on my 914 when I got it back in May. The car didn't have any heat, and when I got new heat exchangers, only the 2L-style H.E.s were available, so I had to get a new exhaust to go with them. This has been stored inside my climate-controlled garage since it was replaced.

Asking $80 plus shipping.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Edit: originally thought this was Bursch exhaust, but was corrected -- it's a Sebring. This exhaust lined up with the valance notch in my '73 just fine.

SOLD!
BillC
Bump sunglasses.gif
sean_v8_914
not a Bursch
bdstone914
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 22 2015, 10:45 AM) *

not a Bursch

agree.gif

It looks like a Sterling for early 1.7 with the port hole valance. Retails for $168 on pelican.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperC...F_pg1.htm#item0

Would fit to 1.8 heat exchangers but would not line up to the valance notch on a 1.8 or later 1.7L.
GLWS
BillC
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Nov 22 2015, 12:28 PM) *

QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Nov 22 2015, 10:45 AM) *

not a Bursch

agree.gif

It looks like a Sterling for early 1.7 with the port hole valance. Retails for $168 on pelican.

http://www.pelicanparts.com/catalog/SuperC...F_pg1.htm#item0

Would fit to 1.8 heat exchangers but would not line up to the valance notch on a 1.8 or later 1.7L.
GLWS

I looked at the Pelican page, and it does look like a Sebring exhaust, not Bursch or Sterling. I'll fix the original post and price.

It was installed on my '73 with a notch valance and it lined up with the valance notch just fine. Since the 2.0L exhaust that's on it now also lines up with the notch, I'm pretty sure the valance wasn't modified either.
BillC
Bump
BillC
Bump.

Make an offer. It's a good muffler, and it needs to go to a good home.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.