Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: JWest Engineering Sale!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JWest
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale starts now!

JWest Engineering

Enter Code "2015SALE" at checkout to receive 10% off and FREE SHIPPING* on all orders placed between now and Monday 11/30/2015.

*Free shipping is for US delivery locations only.

For non-US customers, use Code "10PERCENT" for 10% off the products in your order.

Thanks for your support,
James
Steve
Thanks!! Just placed an order!!
SKL1
Good time for you folks to get a Rennshift... the fuse panel replacement is also a good upgrade.

(OK, found a couple things I needed- order placed!)
PotterPorsche
James
Benefit of the 2 inch longer shift handle on a 914. Does it sit to high? Or was it more a for 911 to bring shifter closer to driver. want to get the right one. Do most people that buy for the 914 use the stock height or the 2 inch longer?
SKL1
Have the stock height (length) shift handle on both my cars. Feels fine. Longer one would seem to be too close IMHO...
JWest
QUOTE(PotterPorsche @ Nov 16 2015, 10:57 PM) *

James
Benefit of the 2 inch longer shift handle on a 914. Does it sit to high? Or was it more a for 911 to bring shifter closer to driver. want to get the right one. Do most people that buy for the 914 use the stock height or the 2 inch longer?

The longer stick is really nice in a 911. It is a little too much for some people in a 914, but it really depends on how you sit and the length of your arms, legs, etc. It does require a smaller than stock steering wheel in a 914.

Default (to me) is stock for 914 and extended for 911.
brant
James,

I need to get an upper shift stick, for a really old generation of shifter
from looking at the web site, I'm betting the new generation stick is different.
Do you have any old style upper sticks for sale?

brant
JWest
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 17 2015, 10:13 AM) *

James,

from looking at the web site, I'm betting the new generation stick is different.

brant

No sorry, I only sold that type of shifter in 2003 and 2004, so any extras are long gone. You can get a variety of sticks from Hurst that will fit. Go here.
brant
QUOTE(JWest @ Nov 17 2015, 11:44 AM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Nov 17 2015, 10:13 AM) *

James,

brant

No sorry, I only sold that type of shifter in 2003 and 2004, so any extras are long gone. You can get a variety of sticks from Hurst that will fit. Go here.

thank you a ton for the link
great info
what is the length of a stock 914 style so I can get something close
thanks again!
JWest
QUOTE(brant @ Nov 17 2015, 01:00 PM) *

great info
thanks again!

Should be in the neighborhood of 8 inches. Angle is about 25 degrees.
914work
QUOTE(JWest @ Nov 17 2015, 12:03 PM) *

QUOTE(brant @ Nov 17 2015, 01:00 PM) *

great info
thanks again!

Should be in the neighborhood of 8 inches. Angle is about 25 degrees.

Awesome. Im in the same boat but Brant beat me to the ?
23e Heure
QUOTE(JWest @ Nov 16 2015, 08:53 PM) *

Black Friday/Cyber Monday Sale starts now!

JWest Engineering

Enter Code "2015SALE" at checkout to receive 10% off and FREE SHIPPING* on all orders placed between now and Monday 11/30/2015.

*Free shipping is for US delivery locations only.

For non-US customers, use Code "10PERCENT" for 10% off the products in your order.

Thanks for your support,
James

Hi James: Is your website offline, or is it just me?
dangerranger01
Jwest, after looking at brant's pictures, it looks like i'm missing the reverse lockout and the shifter stops on my old style rennshift....do you see this as a potential problem/issues? I just got my car and haven't driven a whole lot yet....also, i am definitely ordering parts on this sale....thanks!

IPB Image
JWest
QUOTE(23e Heure @ Nov 17 2015, 05:54 PM) *

Hi James: Is your website offline, or is it just me?

I've been receiving orders, and I don't know of any issues with the site.
JWest
QUOTE(dangerranger01 @ Nov 17 2015, 07:00 PM) *

Jwest, after looking at brant's pictures, it looks like i'm missing the reverse lockout and the shifter stops on my old style rennshift....do you see this as a potential problem/issues? I just got my car and haven't driven a whole lot yet....also, i am definitely ordering parts on this sale....thanks!

The reverse lockout was an optional extra for that shifter. The gate springs are the real lockout, the pawl is only for when you do something stupid, like forget the shift pattern. Under normal shifting the lockout will never fully engage against its stop.

The stops are just extra protection for the linkage/bushings/transmission parts if you shift too hard. If you shift properly, they will not come into play.
PotterPorsche
I just ordered my side shift jwest shifter. Excited to see how it works out. All bushings were replaced 6 months ago. That made the stock shifter a lot better. This is the next step.
ndfrigi
trying to buy foglight module but there is an $8 shipping charge.

JWest
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Nov 19 2015, 07:35 PM) *

If you calculate the discount you will see it is 10% and the shipping charge - $12 in your case ($4 + $8 shipping). The discount is taken off the products and leaves the shipping in place which would help with anyone paying taxes.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(JWest @ Nov 20 2015, 08:20 AM) *

If you calculate the discount you will see it is 10% and the shipping charge - $12 in your case ($4 + $8 shipping). The discount is taken off the products and leaves the shipping in place which would help with anyone paying taxes.

Ooops your right James! sorry didn't try calculating the discount. My bad! Thanks also!
JWest
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Nov 20 2015, 10:35 AM) *

Ooops your right James! sorry didn't try calculating the discount. My bad! Thanks also!

It is a little confusing (I didn't write that part of the software) but I think it is better since the tax can be quite a bit on a shifter order.
914-300Hemi
Just placed my order. piratenanner.gif
ndfrigi

order sent! thank you!
wes
Got mine thanks!
SKL1
James- just got the rear proportioning valve- would be interested if you've fabricated a bracket to hold it to the bulkhead with the existing threads. I could probably "make" something, but sure it wouldn't look as nice as something you'd do.
TIA
RickS
James I have a side shift on my 71 3.0 conversion. Will your Rennshifter work on a 71?
JWest
QUOTE(RickS @ Nov 21 2015, 11:11 PM) *

James I have a side shift on my 71 3.0 conversion. Will your Rennshifter work on a 71?

Yes, the side-shift RennShift will work in a converted car.
JWest
QUOTE(SKL1 @ Nov 21 2015, 08:50 PM) *

James- just got the rear proportioning valve- would be interested if you've fabricated a bracket to hold it to the bulkhead with the existing threads. I could probably "make" something, but sure it wouldn't look as nice as something you'd do.
TIA

I didn't see this here - answered your PM. There are two different factory line configurations and many people mount these inside, so I don't offer a bracket. It is also sort of a knowledge gate - you should not install this part unless you really know what you are doing, so if someone has to have a complete bolt-in solution it may not be appropriate.
john77
Fitted mine on Saturday. Not sure if I got really lucky, but I didn't even have to readjust the shift pattern, it just plugged right in and was there. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade.

IPB Image

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.