Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which Tires Are Best?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GTeener
So I know the tire question comes up a lot but it is a new year and there are new products out now.

I need to get new 205/50/15s & 225/50/15s.

My car must be street-legal and the tires must be sticky for AX & an occasional DE while serving as the primary set. I am not interested in carrying around separate wheels.

I currently use Khumo VictoRacers but Tire Rack doesn't show them anymore, so maybe they have been replaced confused24.gif

Recommendations?

TIA smile.gif
Aaron Cox
im running 205 50 15 falken azenis....they stick like white on rice.....

do they make a 225 in a 15"? not sure.... unsure.gif
Demick
Tire Rack still shows Victoracers. Should be no problem getting those if you want to stick with them. Better for Autox and track than the Azenas, but not as good on the street.

Demick
GTeener
QUOTE (Demick @ Mar 11 2005, 10:15 AM)
Tire Rack still shows Victoracers.  Should be no problem getting those if you want to stick with them.  Better for Autox and track than the Azenas, but not as good on the street.

Demick

They have the VictoRacers in the 225/50/15s but not the front 205/50/15s sad.gif

Is it bad to mix & match? How are the Ecsta V700's?

They also seem more expensive than I remember them, but it's been a while thankfully...
Demick
Sure they do. Search by size, and check the Kumho box.

Kumho VictoRacer V700 (Competition)
Size: 205/50ZR15 Blackwall
ZR Speed Rated Price: $124
Estimated Availability: In Stock

Demick
campbellcj
The Ecsta V700's are a decent option as well as the Victoracers. They use a stickier compound which IME can get "greasy" after ~15mins of track driving.

I would not really recommend using any DOT-R tire for multipurpose use unless the street-driving aspect would be pretty minimal and not involve wet/icy driving. (I have kept -R tires on my p-cars for many years but street mileage is <2K/year typically.)
wrpspddrvr
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 11 2005, 01:03 PM)
im running 205 50 15 falken azenis....they stick like white on rice.....

do they make a 225 in a 15"? not sure.... unsure.gif

The new Azenis have 225/15! smilie_pokal.gif

Cole monkeydance.gif
hmeeder
I've been running the Falken Azenis for the past 2 seasons. Dollar for dollar and pound for pound the best DOT track/street tire. Stick like crazy and wear like iron. Strong recommendation: do not drive these things in the rain!

Seriously, buy the tires.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.