Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What plugs for a stock f.I. 1.7?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Kraftwerk
About to do a tune up and the p.o., good guy that he was , left me some new spark plugs: NKG BP6HS (note not the: BP6ES*) You may have read that the BP6ES are the ones to run.... and you think there would be a tech article about it... but I can't seem to find the answer for a stock 1.7 the plugs in there now are Bosch WR7CC gap seems to be .030 That the proper gap?..... I could probably look that one up.
Might as well change the wires, too, if someone knows a good source for those.

Thanks.

* fourth letter has to do with thread length , I think.
cpavlenko
QUOTE(Kraftwerk @ Nov 17 2015, 10:47 AM) *

About to do a tune up and the p.o., good guy that he was , left me some new spark plugs: NKG BP6HS (note not the: BP6ES*) You may have read that the BP6ES are the ones to run.... and you think there would be a tech article about it... but I can't seem to find the answer for a stock 1.7.
Might as well change the wires, too, if someone knows a good source for those.

Thanks.

* fourth letter has to do with thread length , I think.

I get my tune up parts at FLAPS.
Kraftwerk

"I get my tune up parts at FLAPS."

You don't necessarily want to go to a local FLAPS in the greater NYC area. It's surprising what they get wrong.. But its worth a try.
Dave_Darling
W7CC is a fine plug for a stock 914. Not sure about the resistor one, though. (That's the "R" in WR7CC.) BP6ES works well too.

--DD
aircooledtechguy
I typically install Bosch WR8DC+ on customer cars unless they specify a certain plug they desire. Either of these have a slightly extended electrode (the "D" in the p/n) and they seem to have less fouling issues for me.
72hardtop
NGK B5ES....equivalent of the Bosch W8CC

NGK is by far a better plug these days.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.