Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1971 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
OU8AVW
I'm considering letting go of my Teener. Planning a move next summer and need to focus on other projects. I think $15,500 is a reasonable and fairly firm number on this one.

Build thread is here: OU8AVW's thread

I did 90% of the work myself over a two year period. Here's a quick description of what went into it.

Body: Body work and minor rust repair was done by Scotty B at Kahiko Customs. His work is well documented in the thread.
The paint was done by a local shop. It's not the greatest but it looks pretty sweet. I see one bubble behind the front passenger wheel well just below the decal.
Longs were good, hell hole was good. Minor holes (2) fixed in the floorboard driver's side, and under the seat. There was a small repair done behind the driver's seat. I did those repairs.
I also installed a Restoration designs rear trunk panel.
Body has a dent on the trunk and the rear corner was dinged when something fell on it in the garage. A dime-size paint chip popped off.

Interior: New door cards and carpet. Seats are leather, back-pad is in good shape. The dash is in great shape and has one small crack in the corner by the instrument pod, not visible from inside the car. I keep it covered for sun protection. Dash face is peeling, I used crappy 3m adhesive.

Engine: 2056 D-Jet built by me with Raby cam and valve train kit. So alloy pushrods, 911 adjusters and 1.7 rockers. KB pistons and Hastings rings. All new bearings/seals. I installed NOS injectors with new hoses and an in-line pressure gauge. NOS trigger points and a Jeff Bowlsby rebuilt MPS. I tuned it all with an LM2 O2 sensor. Late modle exaust (I know blink.gif ) with a Triad exhaust. Motor runs good and is due for its 1500 mile valve adjustment.

Transmission: My friend at Wills Werks built the Side shift trans with me. It has all new bearings, new and updated syncros and seals. We installed a 911 pinion and pinion bearing (matched set). All else is stock and set up with factory tools for proper lash ect. Shifter bushing were replaced with a Tangerine firewall bearing and a custom oilite bushing at the trans. It's a $4k rebuild.

Other Stuff: Tangerine SS fuel lines. PMB brake rebuild and ALL new hoses from the master cylinder to the calipers. New 17mm MC. Polished 2.0 Fuchs with Bridgestone Potenzas (new). I even had factory Porsche valve stems installed. The original suspension was restored with new bushings and KYB shocks (again I know blink.gif ). NOS French driving lights and Pilot lights installed on factory switches. Euro lenses are all Hella, not aftermarket.

What it needs: The top has not been restored. The small paint blemishes as noted. The wipers don't park so it needs to be adjusted. Fuel gauge won't drop past 1/2. Interior lights, horn and odometer are inop. You'll need to fiddle with the wiring to make all 3 sets of lights work. I have electronic points that are not installed. The roll bar vinyl is suffering from the crappy 3m adhesive too.

PM me and we can move any conversations to Text/Email or Phone or email me directly.
Mikewmeer@gmail.com

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
iwanta914-6
I just went through your build thread. Very nice, love this car. I don't think you'll have a problem selling it.

It's hard to believe that you're selling it after 3 years of work and one driving season...
porschetub
QUOTE(iwanta914-6 @ Nov 18 2015, 03:38 PM) *

I just went through your build thread. Very nice, love this car. I don't think you'll have a problem selling it.

It's hard to believe that you're selling it after 3 years of work and one driving season...

yea agreed,it rates up with a similar car on the westcoast for 10k more,it presents well and sits right ,GLWTS,cheers.
era vulgaris
I don't know if it's any help, but the wipers are supposed to park in the other direction, pointing towards the drivers side. Maybe that's part of the problem with them?

Beautiful car though, GLWTS! Any pics inside the trunks and engine bay?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.