Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door window seals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
malcolm2
I just installed a new 914Rubber window seal the vertical one. It just does not make a complete seal the full height of the window. The seal slides into the nice chrome piece and the ribs hold it on. Is the chrome how it is adjusted to give you a tight seal. The slotted holes are maxed out already and I have a gap at the bottom.

Click to view attachment

Am I going to have to ream out the slotted holes in the chrome holder? Is the window adjustable?
914Sixer
Window is adjustable in all directions. Kinda odd window should be out that much, if anything it should have been tight. Make sure it is not hitting at the top and pushing out the bottom.
malcolm2
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Nov 17 2015, 07:47 PM) *

Window is adjustable in all directions. Kinda odd window should be out that much, if anything it should have been tight. Make sure it is not hitting at the top and pushing out the bottom.

Glad to hear that. I did not want to fiddle with the chrome.
So i need to remove the door card etc... and adjust the window and the regulator? The drivers side is more Fubar than this one. I don't remember doing much if anything to the windows when i had it torn down. Once i got it running, i was ready to DRIVE. Guess i should have cause now i got new seals and still got air leaks. Maybe water too.
Mikey914
Try the screw (that has a nut on it) at the bottom of the door. It should close the gap nicely. You want it to just touch.
Mark
malcolm2
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Nov 18 2015, 03:11 AM) *

Try the screw (that has a nut on it) at the bottom of the door. It should close the gap nicely. You want it to just touch.
Mark

I believe you mean this one on the passenger door. It is attached to the front rail that the window moves up and down in. It is in a slotted hole and in a position to adjust without removing the door card. not sure how adjusting the front will seal the rear.
Click to view attachment

These 2 are connected to the rear rail, are in slotted holes and can be tinkered with without removing the door card (something to remember for next time blink.gif . I think I will try these 2 1st.
Click to view attachment

Are the above 2 spots the only adjustment locations?

Click to view attachment
There seems to be 2 other adjustments: Currently in the middle hole just behind the crank is a bolt that is acting as a STOP. As you crank up the stop hits the gear and stops the window. The other one I am not so sure about. You can barely see a white rectangle there is a bolt on it, but does not appear to be in a slotted hole. Not sure what it would do anyway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.