Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 conversion/ rusturation GT style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
mb911
QUOTE(914forme @ Sep 28 2019, 05:56 PM) *

@MB911 Ben is that oven cure or air cure? They do look very nice.

@914forme air cure.
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 28 2019, 09:35 PM) *

Poor man S caliper rebuild. PMB duro ano pistons, cerakote and replating the steel parts.. The seal that goes on the plate that gets bolted on was not included in the new seal kits. Gotta call Eric Monday and get those and the banjo fittings and then I will finally have an entire working brake setup. Click to view attachment

I have some alfa calipers that might look really good with Cerikote idea.gif
gereed75
Ben, Too bad the excitement of your incredible work in the home stretch is being distracted by the house thing, I mean really, moving compared to finishing a six build!?!

Sorry for thread drift but anyone try Cerakote on exhausts??
mb911
I actually have seen a few exhaust with cerakote. I like it for mild steel fpr sure .. Not sure I would do it on stainless..

The house thing is for sure a distraction but so focussed on finishing James conversion to get it out of here for winter is taking all my time..
raynekat
Those brake calipers look great!
mb911
QUOTE(raynekat @ Sep 29 2019, 12:06 PM) *

Those brake calipers look great!

Thanks.. I was going to send them to PMB but my son just startes college so saving money when I can..
mb911
Sprayed some surfacer on passenger side 1/4.. This panel was worked over pretty good. Has nice door gaps so happy about that and it is smoothing out nicelyClick to view attachment
mb911
Windshield is in.. Click to view attachment
raynekat
QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 28 2019, 06:35 PM) *

Poor man S caliper rebuild. PMB duro ano pistons, cerakote and replating the steel parts.. The seal that goes on the plate that gets bolted on was not included in the new seal kits. Gotta call Eric Monday and get those and the banjo fittings and then I will finally have an entire working brake setup. Click to view attachment

Ben, do you remember what color cerakote you used on these calipers? I'd like to put that in my file for the "next project." Thx
mb911
QUOTE(raynekat @ Oct 12 2019, 03:00 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Sep 28 2019, 06:35 PM) *

Ben, do you remember what color cerakote you used on these calipers? I'd like to put that in my file for the "next project." Thx

@raynekat
Titanium and their aluminum clear mixed together.
raynekat
QUOTE(mb911 @ Oct 13 2019, 05:47 AM) *

Titanium and their aluminum clear mixed together.

Great....thanks!
mb911
Brake reservoir is in and new supply line kit from PMB.. And rear trunk repair and skim coated. Someday I will do a fiberglass trunk lid but for now this works.. Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Primer surfacer on .. Now blocking it outClick to view attachment
raynekat
Go Ben go. Looking good. BTW...your larger SS HE's are working great with my 2.7 MFI engine.
bbrock
Fun to watch. I'm doing the same. Just started my last round which is wet sand to 600 grit. So satisfying to see how straight a beat up old shell can be made. cheer.gif
mb911
Blocked @180 .. Now another coat of primer surfacerClick to view attachment
mb911
Painted from the cowl back. A picture of base then clearClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
Krieger
Looks great! I love Tangerine for flared cars!
mb911
914rubber windshield chrome on, taillights in badge on, bumper on but there is a setback with that as the driver side does not tuck into the 1/4 panel indent like it should.. Ugh. Well I will figure that out. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
bbrock
Looks fantastic! smilie_pokal.gif
Cairo94507
Nice to see color on the body. beerchug.gif
mb911
Put the rear badge on.. Not sure I am happy with it yet.. Click to view attachment
mb911
Wife said I had to get a new tool box for prep for moving as my old craftsman boxes are pretty tired.. Researched a ton and found the US General to be one of the best values out there.. Yes I know it is made in China.. I can tell you I worl with snap on boxes every day at work and these are built on par with them.. Click to view attachment
bbrock
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 9 2019, 10:26 AM) *

Wife said I had to get a new tool box for prep for moving as my old craftsman boxes are pretty tired.. Researched a ton and found the US General to be one of the best values out there.. Yes I know it is made in China.. I can tell you I worl with snap on boxes every day at work and these are built on par with them..

Good to know. I looked at those very briefly last time I was in HF and thought they looked amazingly good. I walked away pretty quickly though so I didn't wind up spending money.
mb911
@bbrock they really are nice .. Black Friday the bottom box will be 399
GeorgeRud
I’d still using the silver and red Craftsman box my dad bought me in the 60s. Nostalgia causes one to not throw old tools away, just add more to your collection!
mb911
A few update pictures.. Hung doors and rough alignment, put door handles and associated parts so the door can stay shut.. Bought and installed the inner door seals from 914rubber and little did I know that when you order them its for a set of doors not just one so I have a brand new set extra.. Put sound deadening in the doors and that really keeps things quiet. I will eventually find new solid and rust free doors.. These were really bad if you reread my thread you will see how bad they were.. Wet sanded a few sagging spots in the clear. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
raynekat
Ben....you're a trouble maker with those tool boxes.
I have to have a set now. Ha

Your car and especially the color looks great, killer.

Your 1-5/8" SS heat changers that I bought from you really put out impressive heat/defrost and make nice power. My 2.7 dynoed at 230hp.

Fun to watch your build and skills.
mb911
QUOTE(raynekat @ Nov 11 2019, 05:56 PM) *

Ben....you're a trouble maker with those tool boxes.
I have to have a set now. Ha

Your car and especially the color looks great, killer.

Your 1-5/8" SS heat changers that I bought from you really put out impressive heat/defrost and make nice power. My 2.7 dynoed at 230hp.

Fun to watch your build and skills.

The tool boxes are impressive for the money aren't they?..

230hp is really impressive..
Coondog
Looking good, keep 914-6 badge.

FYI...finally got cold enough to test out your header/heat exchangers. Lots of heat coming out, thank you. I called James a Patrick and told him to quit using those useless BB systems.
mepstein
QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 11 2019, 09:34 PM) *

Looking good, keep 914-6 badge.

FYI...finally got cold enough to test out your header/heat exchangers. Lots of heat coming out, thank you. I called James a Patrick and told him to quit using those useless BB systems.

Ben's headers/heat exchangers are the proper length for a 911 engine. There's a reason why Porsche did all the bends. None of the other 914-6 heat exchangers are equal length or the correct length. And the heat works like factory.
mb911
agree.gif

The problem is they are so labor intensive to make that the cost a. Fortune..
jd74914
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 9 2019, 10:20 PM) *

@bbrock they really are nice .. Black Friday the bottom box will be 399

My buddy has two in commercial use settings and 5 years later the things still function like new. We're convinced they are the highest quality thing HF makes. Jealous! smile.gif
Coondog
QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 12 2019, 10:22 AM) *

agree.gif

You get what you pay for, that’s why yours are the best first.gif first.gif first.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Coondog @ Nov 12 2019, 11:13 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Nov 12 2019, 10:22 AM) *

agree.gif

You get what you pay for, that’s why yours are the best first.gif first.gif first.gif

Thanks for the kind words..
mb911
A little more progressClick to view attachment
Dion
w00t.gif popcorn[1].gif first.gif aktion035.gif
flyer86d
Wow Ben, very nice!

Charlie
rgalla9146
Beautiful.
The car looks fantastic.
Keep up the good work.
mb911
Look what just came in from porsche.. Got a great price on them and they say made in Germany on themClick to view attachment
Cairo94507
w00t.gif Regardless, still not inexpensive. beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Dec 4 2019, 04:16 PM) *

w00t.gif Regardless, still not inexpensive. beerchug.gif

That is for Sure
mb911
Trim on.. Not real happy with the fit of it.. Some of it seems might be related to the replacement sail panels.. Either way it looks great if you don't zero in on the trim fit.. Click to view attachment
raynekat
Looking more and more like a real car there Ben.
That color is really really nice.
Great job.
mb911
Thanks.. Once windows are in then move to finish body work up front and get the hood and fenders painted.. Might be one color this spring..
mb911
Windows in.. Realized the po owner must have run a grinder or something over the window and the anodized upright.. Mark Epstein says he likely has something to fix me up.. Its good that the car is almost enclosed now.. The house market is heating up so prepared for moving if need be.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
914forme
Ben, If Mark does not, I do, enough stuff moving between the three of us I almost lost track of what is going where, and how. confused24.gif it all comes out in the wash, in the end.

beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(914forme @ Dec 9 2019, 12:33 PM) *

Ben, If Mark does not, I do, enough stuff moving between the three of us I almost lost track of what is going where, and how. confused24.gif it all comes out in the wash, in the end.

beerchug.gif

@914forme . Join the club.. I think you and I are square and I owe Mark an oil tank and some engine sheet metal.. Its hard to keep track but to be honest the 3 of us are lucky we dont live closer.. Our wives would hate us..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.