Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 conversion/ rusturation GT style
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
914forme
agree.gif laugh.gif
mepstein
My wife hates you all av-943.gif
mb911
So thinking about trying to polish the glass and get rid of the scratches.. Any one have any luck with that?
914forme
depends on how deep the scratch is, works on minor stuff, pretty well.
Tdskip
Thanks for all of the updates Ben, good luck with polishing the glass. You might get lucky if you can't snag a fingernail on it.
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 9 2019, 09:14 PM) *

So thinking about trying to polish the glass and get rid of the scratches.. Any one have any luck with that?

Windshield scratches can be polished out.
Side glass not possible.
I've had the same issue with side glass and made no progress.
Not for lack of effort.
It has something to do with the properties of the glass.
mepstein
Ben - if you end up not using the glass, pull off the metal guides and we’ll throw them in our next batch of plated parts.
mb911
Sounds good guys.. Allot has been happening over the last week with our home sale so priority 1 is just making the car semi weather proof.. And 1 piece of course..

Think we have picked out our next house which is about a year old on 1/2 acre so waaaay more manageable then our 5 acres with a pond and a pool..

Good news is even though the garage is only 3.5 stalls it has 10 foot ceilings..

Anyhow back to our regularly scheduled programming
mb911
GT lines on after 4 years sitting on the shelf.. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
Ben; curious why you went with your spacing of the clamps ??
mb911
@sixnotfour I can't remember why .. It's been quite a while since I did the mock up.. I am sure there was a reason.
mb911
Well moving in 3 weeks.. I did get my wheels back from fuchs restoration and dropped them off to get tires on so I can load the car over the next couple of days.. I will post pictures of the wheels tomorrow..

Getting excited for downsizing= more time to do what I want to do.. Click to view attachment
Dion
Your 914 is coming along nicely Ben. Good luck with the move. Hope all goes smoothly.
GeorgeRud
I hope the weather holds up nicely for your move. Winter in Wisconsin can be challenging.
TravisNeff
Wheels came out great Ben!
mb911
QUOTE(TravisNeff @ Dec 31 2019, 06:35 AM) *

@TravisNeff

They really turned out well and for the price you cant beat it..
Cairo94507
Happy New Year Ben. I hope the move goes smoothly and you have lots of help. Your car is looking good and I love the wheels.
JmuRiz
QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 31 2019, 06:38 AM) *

@TravisNeff

Who did the wheels, I lost track of that tidbit. Mine could use some love!
mb911
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Dec 31 2019, 09:18 AM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Dec 31 2019, 06:38 AM) *

@TravisNeff

Who did the wheels, I lost track of that tidbit. Mine could use some love!

@JmuRiz fuchsrestorations.com did them

185 per wheel
JmuRiz
Nice, thanks!
mb911
Loaded a bit early for the move so that I dont have to do it when its 5 degrees out..

Almost everything is in there including the lift and tool boxes etc. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mb911
Old house is gone.. Car is all cozy at the new house.. Man I am tired.. Much smaller space but its a good thing. Click to view attachment
mb911
New house.Click to view attachment
Freezin 914
Happy for you! Car is looking great!
Cairo94507
Congratulations on the move. That has to feel good to know you are in the new place and can now unpack and get organized. Moving, though a pain in the butt, is a good chance to sort everything and get rid of stuff you will never miss and find stuff you forgot you had. beerchug.gif
JmuRiz
3-car garage and wide driveway = me being jealous

Nice!
mb911
Did some organization. I have a few oil tanks to finish up and get more organized.. Then back to the car.. I go to Phoenix this week so nothing will get done.. Hope to finish up some orders then mount the lift.. I did get confirmation that the concrete is 4" thick which is the requirement for the max jax.. Click to view attachment
mb911
My life is about to get a bit easier.. For about the last 6 months I prepared to move, then move, try to balance work and then sort of neglect my business, then start to finish the basement and fix the terrible bedroom that the PO did on our new house.. The house is only 1.5 years old so they didn't mess up to much.. This week drywallers come in so this weekend I did all the HVAC, electrical, and insulation this weekend.. I have about half a day left.. But did spend a few minutes with my own project .. New lenses from 914rubber, I powdercoated the fog light I received from @914forme and then assembled them.. .. Oh and an HVAC duct mishap gave me a nice gash as well.. Really excited to be at this point.. Finally feeling caught up.. Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

Now to figure out what those clips are supposed to look like that secure the lenses to the housing
914forme
@mb911 those turned out really nice, glad you could make it work for you.
mb911
QUOTE(914forme @ Feb 23 2020, 06:03 PM) *

@mb911 those turned out really nice, glad you could make it work for you.

Thanks.. It is small things that help move the project forward..
mb911
My poor mans fog light LED adapters. Click to view attachment
mb911
Working a bit on oil line solutions.. In light of recent discoveries that factory style scavenge line does not work with the naroscape or PMS engine mounts I decided to come up with a solution for others. I chose Russell pro line classic AN hose as it has a blue tracer much like the original.. I may actually get these made in proper 30mm setups for those that want one.. I used orange fire sleeve which I may take off as I will use Adel clamps to hold the hose away from the headers. Pictured is project in progress.. Its not done but spit balling at this point. Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Waiting on another couple of fittingsClick to view attachment
mb911
Routed the scavenge over the trans.. Much happier with that.. Made some brackets and now waiting on a few fittingsClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
mb911
Well ditched the bracket.. Didn't like the constraints. Gonna do something much smallerClick to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment
mepstein
I like it. smilie_pokal.gif
mb911
Thanks.. I am happy with it finally..
mb911

I have a few extra kits if anyone is interested
mb911

I have a few extra kits if anyone is interested
Retroracer
Looks good Ben!

Am also liking the Russell hose with the blue tracer (Jeg's I think stock it). Used it on the entire run to/from the oil cooler down the longs on my GT project. With appropriate black hose it ends it just looks great.
mb911
Yup the russell pro classic is nice.. I found a place in Florida that I buy all my fittings from and they make a similar hose with white tracer.. That's what I want to sell with my kits and what is shown in the picture on the floor
mepstein
I'm sure you already know I want a set. Thanks!
mb911
Put the front suspension ties/sway bar, tightened master cylinder, then worked on feeding throttle cable.. I found an obstruction about 3/4 of the way through the tunnel.. I am not sure what that is about. @bbrock @mepstein any suggestions on that? Kind of sucks. I am close to wrapping things up underneath.. Gotta hook up fuel pump lines next.
mepstein
QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 26 2020, 04:02 PM) *

Put the front suspension ties/sway bar, tightened master cylinder, then worked on feeding throttle cable.. I found an obstruction about 3/4 of the way through the tunnel.. I am not sure what that is about. @bbrock @mepstein any suggestions on that? Kind of sucks. I am close to wrapping things up underneath.. Gotta hook up fuel pump lines next.

Is it only in the throttle cable or is there an issue with some/all the cables and lines?
mb911
QUOTE(mepstein @ Mar 26 2020, 12:04 PM) *

QUOTE(mb911 @ Mar 26 2020, 04:02 PM) *

Is it only in the throttle cable or is there an issue with some/all the cables and lines?

Just throttle cable..

@superhawk996 any ideas as well?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.