Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Springs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
solex
Just recieved my HD Bilsteins in the mail, I was under the impression that I could remove/install the springs by simply applying some pressure but cannot seem to get it to work. This has me wondering if I have stock springs.

Is there any guide to the color coated paint on the springs? The are black with hand painted green stripes.

Thanks,
Dan
bondo
Do they have the adjustable spring perch? If so they may be adjusted such that they have a preload. Get a cheap spring comoressor from harbor freight. Not a wonderful tool, but good enough for that job. I'm pretty sure black with stripes is stock. (the factory painted the stripes for spring matching)
Andyrew
Where to get adjustable spring perches?? I cant find anyone... lol
Mueller
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Mar 11 2005, 02:37 PM)
Where to get adjustable spring perches?? I cant find anyone... lol

are you serious??

HPH, Paragon, Coleman Racing (you have to do your homework and know the dimensions needed)
bondo
If you get the bilstein shocks, you can re-use stock diameter springs. I think most other brands use a different diameter spring.
TimT
Dan where on LI are you located?
davep
I would think that your springs are stock based on the description. The green bands are typical of stock springs and designate the rate group. When the springs are tested they are binned into 3 tolerance groups, and then two springs of the same tolerance group are paired for a car.
solex
Tim,

I'm in New Hyde Park in Nassau county.

Dan
TimT
Dan, lemme know if you need a hand, Im about 15 minutes away. But the track season is fast upon us, Road Atlanta at the end of the month,

FYI we are having a Tech Session at Rudtners Apr 9th... no topic has been picked as yet.

Are you involved with the Metro PCA?

Apr 15th ,16,17 at Pocono..
solex
Tim,
Thanks for the offer, but I am going to get a spring compressor tomorrow, and should have everything under control. In the future I may need some help though...

Not involved in PCA yet... but would be interested in the Tech session please let me know time and location.

Thanks,
Dan

javascript:emoticon(':beer1:')
smilie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.